Comprehensive School Improvement Plan
The Comprehensive School Improvement Plan, or CSIP, is a detailed plan of actions for accomplishing the district goals. Creating and sustaining a high performance education environment takes both dedication and thoughtful planning. The CSIP is a planning document, featuring both broad-based perspectives on the priorities of our district as well as specific learning goals for our students. These goals provide an important measure of accountability.
As a district, we are committed to focusing our time, our energy and our resources on providing a quality education for all of our students by striving to achieve our mission: To enhance each student’s abilities by providing a quality education enriched by our diverse community.
Davenport’s student learning goals are the general expectations for all its graduates. Students graduating from Davenport Community School District will:
- Apply reading, writing, and speaking skills to communicate effectively
- Understand and apply mathematical ideas
- Understand our earth, ecological impact, the physical world, and the cycles of life
- Understand the development of civic responsibility and the influence of history, geography, government, and economics on individuals and societies
- Understand, perform, and value music
- Understand, produce, and value visual art
- Demonstrate appropriate physical movement and form
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge needed for making life-long health decisions
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and skills needed to be productive within the context of real life
- Be knowledgeable about career choices across a variety of areas
- Apply critical thinking skills when making decisions and solving problems
- Use technology and other sources of information for a variety of purposes
- Demonstrate attitudes and skills that support self-directed lifelong learning, personal pursuits, productivity, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrate attitudes and behaviors that support global understanding, collaboration, diversity, and interdependence
The full Annual Progress Report for DCSD is available on the Iowa Department of Educator’s website; http://reports.educateIowa.gov/ and can be viewed by selecting District: “Davenport” and then clicking “Go”.