News, Events, and Announcements
Mr. Strunk’s students planted trees at Scott County Park through NRCS and then visited the Pioneer Village.
Great Photos by Haile Beaird
The Variety Show was a huge success. We earned $2600 for the Wounded Warriors Project. We had a great time celebrating the talent in our student body. Student Senate did a great job putting it all together. Unfortunately, there were photo op glitches. If you have pictures of Michael Trettin’s “All of Me,” Meghan Keeney’s “Safer,” Boyz Whom Noize’s “Seven Nation Army,” Michael Cooler’s Duel Sword Samurai, Kylie Finch & Michael Trettin’s “Lay Me Down,” and Jacob Clearman’s “Tonight the World Dies,” PLEASE e-mail them to me (email@example.com). Click here for pics of Act I and Act 2.
Thank you, Falcons! Our four blood drives this year collected a total of 547 pints of blood, helping save the lives of 1641 people!
The following students will be participating in a signing ceremony on Monday, May 4, at 2:00 in the cafeteria. Congratulations, Senior Falcons! For pictures, CLICK HERE.
- Lindsey Entsminger: Volleyball & Bowling— St. Ambrose Univ.
- Emily Tunis: Volleyball—Blackhawk CC
- Elli Cannavo: Volleyball—Blackhawk CC
- Jessica Wehrle: Volleyball—University of Dubuque
- Paige Griffith: Swimming—Iowa Central CC
- Tirael Malone: Football— Iowa Central CC
- Kyle Verdon: Football & Track and Field—St. Ambrose Univ.
- Michael Evans: Basketball—Ellsworth CC
- Octavious O’Large: Basketball—Ellsworth CC
- Anna Hedges: Track and Field—Loras College
- Reece Paper: Soccer—University Wisc. Platteville
- Becca Smith: Soccer—Scott CC
- Katie Hazen: Soccer—Scott CC
- Grace Geering: Dance—Univ. Northern Iowa
- Hailey Broer: Dance—St. Ambrose Univ.
- Brittany Brown: Cheerleading—St. Ambrose Univ.
- Brianna Bohland: Cheerleading—St. Ambrose Univ.
- Tony Nguyen: Cheerleading—Iowa Central CC
- Chris Hollingshed: Cheerleading—Iowa Central CC
- James Johnson: Cheerleading—Iowa Central CC
West High’s Endotherm Team presented to the College of Business Board of Directors’ meeting at the University of Iowa. All in attendance were in wonderment at the team’s accomplishment. Entrepreneurs John Pappajohn and Tom Bedell, Dean Sarah Gardial, Executive Director of JPEC David Hensley, and Provost Butler commented this team would have won our college Shark Tank event held with entrepreneur Daymond John from the popular show Shark Tank. After Endotherm’s presentation, John Pappajohn donated $10,000 to the team, Tom Bedell contributed $1000, and University of Iowa STEM Innovator program contributed $500. The University of Iowa is excited at the possibilities that lie ahead by partnering with the Davenport School District on these exciting initiatives. Congratulations to all involved. —Leslie Flynn, Ph.D. and Dawn Bowlus U of I
In a neck ‘n’ neck game, the students triumphed! Great teamwork, student spirit, cheering, and fundraising to support Student Senate’s Wounded Warrior Project donation. Lots of sweat and some soon to be sore muscles! Great job, Falcons. For LOTS more pics, click here.