226 Smart students participated in the QC River Bandits Book Buddies Program. Together they read over 90,000 pages. As a reward, they attended a game during the day last Monday. They were treated to lunch and even participated in some on-field games and contests. It was a beautiful day and everyone had a great time!
News, Events, and Announcements
Ten Smart students were awarded HAVlife Foundation grants to fund their attendance at summer camps that will help them nurture their talents. The awards total $3,820. Students will attend St. Ambrose University basketball and volleyball camps and Luther College Dorian Summer Music Camp. We are grateful for HAVlife’s generosity and the opportunities they provide our students each year.
The Central Blue Devils Varsity Coaches are hosting their 3rd Annual Summer 2017 Sports Camps!
Cost: $35.00 per camp
Space is limited, so reserve your spot early!
*See attachment for dates and other information*
Got Talent? Want to try out?
- Individuals or groups are welcome to audition
- Must be a current F.L. Smart Student
Auditions: Room 203 (Mr. Keeney’s room)
- Tuesday, April 4th from 4:00-5:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 5th from 3:00-4:30 PM
What do I need?
- Pick up the information packet from Mr. Keeney (203) or your AP Teacher.
- Turn Forms into Mr. K or your Advisory Teacher
- Act information Form
- Signed Parent/Guardian Permission Form
- Turn in forms by Friday, March 31st
Once forms are received you will be assigned a time and date to audition.
You will find out your date/time during advisory Monday.
- Tuesday, April 4th @ 4-5:30 pm
- Wednesday, April 5th @ 3-4:30 pm
- Wednesday, April 26th @ 4-5:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 3rd @ 4-5:30 pm
- Thursday, May 4th @ 6:00 pm
We just wrapped up week #3 of the Feed My Starving Children Fundraiser
We had PJ Day on Friday, 2/24. Many comfy students and staff participated. We raised $130.62 from that day alone!
Some of our 7th grade students and their social studies teachers presented to the Davenport School Board on Monday, February 27th. They spoke about what they’ve been doing in class and about the Feed My Starving Children Fundraiser at Smart. It was an incredible presentation and the students did an amazing job speaking in front of the Board. It was impressive!