1716 Kenwood Avenue
A new school was built in East Davenport to accommodate the growth that was taking place in that section of the district. McKinley School opened in the fall of 1940. It was a two-section school serving K-6 students. Students came from mainly Pierce School. Others came from nearby schools that were closing. In 1954 four rooms were added to accommodate increased enrollments.
The area continued ro grow and in 1960, an eight room addition plus a large lunchroom provided needed space. More recently further renovations were made which provided a media center and technology provisions.