Parents and families,
If you’re bringing treats to school tomorrow, they must be screened by the nurse/office staff as we do have several classrooms with allergies. All treats must be store-bought or in their original packaging. Please, no homemade treats.
News, Events, and Announcements
Parents and families,
We are offering another round of spiritwear purchases through Spirit and Pride. They have awesome new designs! You can order online thru spiritandpride.com and use school ID 179141, or send money/checks back to school in the envelope that came home yesterday. Orders are due on Friday, February 8!
- See the message from our Interim Superintendent about school cancellations on the DCSD website: www.davenportschools.org
The message provides clarification on how decisions are made in regards to weather.
- Please make sure students are sent to school in appropriate cold weather gear (hat, gloves, winter coat, snow pants & boots if they would like to play in the snow during recess). If you need assistance with any of these clothing items let us know.
- Students Daniel Morgan & Lorraine Morgan are leading a snow pants and snow boot drive here at Washington. If you have any extra lightly used snow pants or boots that you would like to donate to the school, they can be dropped off in our office from 2/11 through 2/22. Thanks in advance for any donations.
- We are planning on having Preschool again at Washington next year. If you know of any interested families, please help spread the word to attend the Preschool Round-up on Monday, February 4th.
- School Spiritwear is for sale through Friday, February 8th. Order forms are being sent home Feb. 4th with all students. You may also order online at https://spiritandpride.com/ and enter our school code: 179141
- Report Cards were sent home with the students Friday, Feb. 1st. We ask that you sign the envelope and send it back with your student the next day of school.
- On February 12, 2019 – Please join us for our “I Have a Dream Family Fine Arts Family Night” featuring our 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students performing. The music incorporated in the program includes traditional African American spirituals. In addition, students will be sharing inspirational words about dreamers of the past and following your own dreams to complete the program. We’d also like to include your family. If your family would like to be part of our Spoken Word segment by reciting a piece of poetry (original work created by a family member or by an author) during the program, we’d love to have you participate. To sign up, please contact our Family Involvement Liaison (Teresa Campbell via email email@example.com or by contacting the school by Thursday, February 7th. We are excited to have Miss Iowa, Mikhayla Hughes-Shaw, who will be opening the program starting at 6:00.
- PTA is continuing to collect Box Tops for Education, please keep sending them in.
- 2/4/19 Preschool Round-up from 4:30 – 5:30 pm at Washington
Go to Washington Website for more info or contact us.
- 2/7-2/8/19 PTA will be selling Candy grams during lunch for .50 cents each or 3 for
$1.00. They will be delivered on Feb. 14th to classrooms.
- 2/12/19 3rd-5th Grade Fine Arts/Musical Family Night ft. Miss IOWA @ 6:00
- 3/7/19 Kindergarten Round Up 4:30-5:30
- 3/7/19 Literacy Night 5:30-7:00
-See the message from our Interim Superintendent about school cancellations on the DCSD website: www.davenportschools.org
-The message provides clarification on how decisions are made in regards to weather.
-Report Cards will be sent home with the students Wednesday, Jan. 30th. We ask that you sign the envelope and send it back with your student the next day.
-Fifth Graders Ruby Klarkowski, Jenesys Estrada, Adrianne Neeley, and Johnise Thorson will represented Washington at the Figge Art Museum Young Artists show. Art work is selected based on attention to detail, use of materials, and representation of the curriculum and standard focus for that unit. Each one of these 5th graders is a true representation of the quality of artists we have here at Washington. Their work was on display in the Figge Young Artists Gallery from January 19-27th.
-On Friday, February 1st, we will be having our Super Bowl Tailgate Party from 2:50 – 3:30 in the gymnasium. You’ll enjoy creating a Make-N-Take banner of your favorite Super Bowl competing team, along with using statistics to predict and write about the upcoming victory of your favorite team. A light afterschool meal will be served. All students must be accompanied by an adult.
-On February 12, 2019, Washington students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade will be presenting the program, “I Have a Dream.” The music incorporated in the program include traditional African American spirituals. Inspirational words about dreamers of the past and following your own dreams complete the program. We are excited to have Miss Iowa, Mikhayla Hughes-Shaw, will be opening the program starting at 6:00.
1/30/19 Report Cards Sent Home
2/1/19 Super Bowl Tailgate @ 2:50-3:30
2/12/19 3rd-5th Grade Music Concert ft. Miss IOWA @ 6:00
3/7/19 Kindergarten Round Up 4:30-5:30
3/7/19 Literacy Night 5:30-7:00
Fifth Graders Ruby Klarkowski, Jenesys Estrada, Adrianne Neeley, and Johnise Thorson will be representing Washington at the Figge Art Museum Young Artists show. Art work is selected based on attention to detail, use of materials, and representation of the curriculum and standard focus for that unit. Each one of these 5th graders is a true representation of the quality of artists we have here at Washington. Their work was on display in the Figge Young Artists Gallery from January 19-27th. There is a reception for the artists on January 27th at the Figge at 1:00. At that time they will be recognized for their accomplishment in the John Deere Auditorium. Congratulations to these 5th grade Artists!
Preschool roundup is for all students who will be 4 years of age by September 15, 2019. Stop by Monday February 4th from 4:30-5:30.
Please bring the following documentation:
-Copy of current immunizations and physical
-Proof of residency
If you have any questions, please contact Children’s Village West 563-336-7800
Hello Washington Families,
It is amazing how fast the school year has gone. The end of 2nd quarter is Jan. 17th. We will be having a 2 hour early out on the 17th and there will be no school Friday, Jan. 18th or Monday, Jan. 21st in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We begin our journey into the 2nd semester on Tuesday Jan. 22nd.
DCSD Family Learning Guides. Just click on the grade level of your student to see what your child is learning about this school year. The Family Learning Guide also provides activities that goes along with the standards.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to be a part of your child’s academic journey at Washington!
The PTA will be selling smencils on Jan. 25th during lunch.
Washington’s Food Pantry
Washington’s Food Pantry is open the 1st and 3rd Thursdays from 2:50-3:50pm. The pantry is open to all of our families, but there are limited spots and you must be pre-registered. If your family would like to participate on a regular basis, please contact our Family Involvement Liaison, Teresa Campbell at 563.723.6150 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org There are no income guidelines. The only requirement is having a student enrolled at Washington and pre-registering. The pantry does not accept drop in participants.
- 1/17/19 2 Hour Early out for End of 2nd Term
- 1/18/19 No School – In-Service
- 1/21/19 No School – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- 1/22/19 2nd Semester Begins (3rd Term)
- 1/25/19 PTA selling Smencils ($1.00 each) on Jan. 25th
- 1/30/19 Report Cards Sent Home