Dear Parent(s) and/or Guardian(s),
Cell phones and other electronics are amazing technologies that help all of us in our everyday lives and many times we become distracted to this technology and it interferes with our daily tasks.
Below, you will find the Davenport Community School District Cell Phone Policy. Williams’s staff will be teaching the school wide expectations of technology in order to support students to follow the cell phone and electronic policy and procedures.
As parents, we see you as a valuable member of the educational team and we appreciate your support to ensure your students come prepared to have a distraction free learning environment. Please review the expectations and policy with your student(s) and sign and return the acknowledgment by April 4th, 2019 and upon receipt your student will receive a PRIDE tickets to be entered in a school wide acknowledgment prize.
Thank you for being a part of making our school a positive learning environment! Please contact our staff if you have questions.
Davenport Community School Board – Cell Phones and Electronic Devices: 504.09
The use of Cell Phones and other Electronic Devices during the curricular day is a privilege, not a right. The Board wants to ensure that cell phones or other electronic devices do not interfere with classroom instruction or cause problems for students or staff while on District property. The following stipulations are established by the Board to preserve the integrity of the learning environment:
- During classroom instruction, teachers may allow students to use electronic devices for instructional purposes;
- Any other use of cell phones or electronic devices is prohibited during the curricular day; curricular day being defined as morning bell to dismissal bell;
- Under no circumstances are electronic devices to be used to take photos or audio/video recordings of students in locker rooms, restrooms, or other private situations at school or at District sponsored activities.
Under special circumstances, students may need access to their cell phones. Should this occur, the student may request written permission of the principal or principal’s designee to have access to their cell phone.
Procedure for: Technology
|Be Prepared||Show Respect||Live with Integrity||Be Determined||Strive Excellence|
|· Come to class with chromebook charged and personal devices put away||· Use electronic devices and technology in the way the teacher has given permission||· Protect chromebook by transporting in its case or carrying with two hands
· Keep chromebook clean (no stickers or graffiti)
|· Use caution and care to keep your important information private and positive||· Report any technology problems you have to your teacher|
Williams Intermediate Building Procedures:
- Personal cell phone/electronic use is prohibited during instructional time. Instructional time starts when a student enters the doorway of the classroom and ends when the student leaves the classroom doorway.
- During instructional time, personal cell phone/electronics need to be on silent and put away out of sight (must be in a pocket, locker, etc.). This includes headphones and earbuds.
1st time– Teacher and/or security will request that the student surrender the technology device and it will be put in a locked area in the office. The student may collect his/her phone at the end of the school day.
2nd time– Teacher and/or security will request that the student surrender the technology device and it will be put in a locked area in the office. Additionally, parents/guardians will be contacted. The student may collect his/her phone at the end of the school day.
3rd time and beyond– Teacher and/or security will request that the student surrender the technology device and it will be put in a locked area in the office. Parents/guardians will be contacted and informed that the parents/guardians will need to collect his/her student’s phone at the end of the school day or when it is convenient for them.
It is our hope that this will help students meet our school wide expectations for technology use and contribute to the student’s success.
******Refusal to give up the phone will be dealt with individually by administration.