Senior Check List
Seniors: What’s next?
Parents: Check out your Parent Portal to access current grades, attendance, etc.
Scholarship Listing · www.davenportschools.org/west/students/guidance/.
College & Career Planning
Iowa College Access Network · www.icansucceed.org
Career Cruising · www.careercruising.com
ACT · college admissions exam · www.actstudent.org
Test Prep: www.actstudnt.org/testprep/
COMPASS · community college placement assessment
You can take the COMPASS test in the WEST LMC!
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges · www.eicc.edu
Scott, Clinton, & Muscatine Community Colleges
RAI Calculator · www.regents.iowa.gov/RAI/
Your RAI score will determine your acceptance to Iowa, ISU, and UNI
University of Iowa · www.uiowa.edu · (800)553-4692
Iowa State University · www.chooseyouradventure.net · (800)262-3810
University of Northern Iowa · www.uni.edu · (800)772-2736
FAFSA · www.fafsa.ed.gov · Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Begin application October 1st of your Senior Year, complete by December 1st!
NCAA Clearinghouse · Eligibility for college athletic programs
MILITARY · www.todaysmilitary.com · explore military branches & careers
Countdown to College
- Visit with your school counselor to make sure you are on track to graduate and fulfill college admission requirements.
- Research colleges and decide which best suit you and your career interests.
- Visit with college admissions counselors who come to your school.
- Attend the College Fair at St. Ambrose!
- Write essays and ask your teachers for letters of recommendation for college admission and scholarship applications.
- Register for the ACT.
- October 1st – begin your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and complete by the December 1st priority deadline — fafsa.ed.gov.
- By November 1st – Apply to the college(s) of your choice!
- Begin the financial aid application process.
- Research scholarships – Keep an ongoing file of scholarship and financial aid information (criteria, amounts, contacts, deadlines). Scholarship listing: davenportschools.org/west/students/guidance/.
- Work hard all year! Grades in your senior year can affect your college acceptance and scholarship eligibility!
- Continue looking for scholarship opportunities and apply.
- Watch for college acceptance letters & send in housing applications
- Decide which college to attend; notify the college of your decision.
- Also notify schools you will not attend of your decision.
- Keep track of important financial aid and scholarship deadlines.
- Watch for your Student Aid Report (SAR) award letter in the mail; it should arrive four weeks after your FAFSA has been filed.
- Keep working hard! Second semester grades can affect your college acceptance and scholarship eligibility!