Senior High (Grades 9-12)
Required Course Areas: 8 terms of language arts, 6 terms of mathematics, 4 terms of physical education, 6 terms of science, and 6 terms of social studies.
Elective Courses: Art, Business education, Family & Consumer Sciences, World Languages, Health, Technology Education, Music, Journalism, Drama, and Public Speaking
- Advanced placement programs (AP)
- College credit classes for those eligible
- Diverse performing and Creative Arts opportunities
- Talented and gifted programming
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC).
- State-of-the-art library media center
- Inspire Academy with Senior Capstone (West High School )
- Advanced Manufacturing PLTW
- Engineering PLTW
- Health Care PLTW
- Computer Science PLTW
- Business Accounting and Finance
- West High Today – The Beak ‘n’ Eye
Teachers assign homework, extra class activities or assignments as necessary. Homework is an opportunity for students to practice skills, share and discuss ideas, review materials, organize thoughts and process information. Students are expected to complete homework on time. Teachers may require a student to remain after school to complete an assignment the same day an assignment is due but not submitted by the student.
The honor roll is designed to recognize outstanding effort in academics. The Honor Roll will be determined on a semester basis. Honor roll requirements are as follows:
- A student must be enrolled as a full time student at West High School (minimum 3.5 credits for G.P.A. per semester for grades 9, 10, and 11; minimum 3 credits for G.P.A. per semester for grade 12).