Welcome to Davenport Community Schools!
- A Profile of Our Community
- The Davenport Community Schools Welcome Center
- Additional Resources for New Residents and Realtors
- Our Annual State of the District Report
Davenport Community Schools has the resources of a large district with the small class sizes and hands-on approach of a hometown school. With 29 schools serving Blue Grass, Buffalo, Davenport and Walcott, Davenport Community Schools are resource-rich, blending student and family support programs with a wide array of curricular offerings to create a quality learning environment for all students. High expectations and low class sizes, customized curriculum and a caring learning environment, over $135 million in recent facilities improvement and high tech classrooms and library-media centers… Davenport Community Schools is a District of Distinction.
And in the spirit of celebration, please enjoy the following collection of video testimonials, as members of the Class of 2017 recall their favorite experiences at Davenport Community Schools.
The Davenport Community Schools Welcome Center
Are you a new resident of Davenport, or thinking about moving to the Quad Cities? Find out more about Davenport Community Schools and our community by contacting the District Welcome Center at (563) 336-5018. Use the welcome center to:
- Learn more about enrolling at Davenport Community Schools
- Find out your home school based on your neighborhood or a specific address
- Arrange school tours and meetings with school Principals
- Learn about how to open enroll into Davenport Community Schools from other Iowa communities, tuition options for Illinois Residents, and part-time enrollment for private school and home school families looking to access otherwise unavailable coursework.
Request an Information Packet
The Welcome Center can also mail you a customized information packet, showcasing the great things going on at Davenport Community Schools. We offer a “State of the District” annual report, a brochure specific to high school students/families, and other informational pamphlets and brochures. Simply fill out the following form, and we will get your packet off to you right away!
Additional Resources for New Residents and Realtors
- To view maps of our school boundaries and to use GuideK12, an online tool for finding one’s school relative to a street address, please visit: http://www.davenportschools.org/our-schools/school-boundaries-and-maps/
- Also, a great way to keep up on current news is to “like” us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DavenportCommunitySchools and follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/DavSchools
- You may also watch video features on the Davenport Community Schools Youtube Channel.
- To view a directory of our schools, including contact info for Principals and links to school web sites & achievement data, please visit: http://www.davenportschools.org/our-schools/directory-of-our-schools/
- Realtors: the “school profile” documents mentioned above make wonderful handouts for new families at open houses or other such events. If you need mass quantities of a print piece such as a particular school profile, the district trifold, or State of the District, please fill out the Welcome Center Materials Request Form.
Our Annual State of the District Report
Every summer we take a look back at the wonderful things that have happened during the previous school year. We start by creating a comprehensive list of accolades and awards from each school year. To view one of these lists, please choose from the following previous school years:
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2016-2017
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2015-2016
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2014-2015
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2013-2014
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2012-2013
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2011-2012
To aid in this retrospective “look back,” we also create a print piece called the State of the District at the end of the year. To download a PDF version of the 2016 publication, click here.