Welcome to Davenport Community Schools!
- Welcome to Davenport Community Schools – A District of Distinction!
- The Davenport Community Schools Welcome Center
- Welcome, Class of 2019 Freshmen! – Course Scheduling Now Open!
- Additional Resources for New Residents and Realtors
- Our Annual State of the District Report
Welcome to Davenport Community Schools – A District of Distinction!
The Davenport Community School District has the resources of a large district with the small class sizes and hands-on approach of a hometown school. With over 30 schools serving Blue Grass, Buffalo, Davenport and Walcott, Davenport Community Schools are resource-rich, blending student and family support programs with a wide array of curricular offerings to create a quality learning environment for all students. High expectations and low class sizes, customized curriculum and a caring learning environment, over $135 million in recent facilities improvement and high tech classrooms and library-media centers… the Davenport Community Schools offer all students a world-class learning experience.
And in the spirit of celebration, please enjoy the following “look back” video that features members of the Class of 2014 as they recall their favorite experiences at Davenport Community Schools. And to view more videos, please visit the Davenport Community Schools Youtube Channel.
The Davenport Community Schools Welcome Center
Considering a move to the Quad Cities? Find out more about Davenport Community Schools and our community by contacting the District Welcome Center.
- Learn more about enrolling at Davenport Community Schools
- Find out your home school based on your neighborhood or a specific address
- Arrange school tours and meetings with school Principals
- Receive informational brochures and pamphlets on schools and programs
- Learn about how to open enroll into Davenport Community Schools from other Iowa communities and tuition options for Illinois Residents
Special services and resources are available for families at special transition points and considering their options for children who are:
- Incoming Kindergartners
- Transitioning to Intermediate School
- Entering their Freshman Year at High School
For more information or to schedule an appointment for your family, please call (563) 336-5018.
We can also mail you a 6-page trifold print piece that walks through everything Davenport Community Schools has to offer families and students. To download a PDF version of the document, click the image of the front cover, below:
And if you have a high school aged child, you may wish to peruse our brochure titled “The High School Experience at Davenport Community Schools.” To download a PDF version of the document, click the image of the front cover, below:
Additional Resources for New Residents and Realtors
- To view maps of our school boundaries and to use NCompass, an online tool for finding one’s school relative to a street address, please visit: http://www.davenportschools.org/our-schools/school-boundaries-and-maps/
- Also, a great way to keep up on current news is to “like” us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DavenportCommunitySchools
- You may also watch video features on the Davenport Community Schools Youtube Channel.
- To view a directory of our schools, including contact info for Principals and links to school web sites & achievement data, please visit: http://www.davenportschools.org/our-schools/directory-of-our-schools/
- Realtors: the “school profile” documents mentioned above make wonderful handouts for new families at open houses or other such events. If you need mass quantities of a print piece such as a particular school profile, the district trifold, or State of the District, please fill out the Realtors’ Materials Request Form.
And finally, if you’d like to watch a long-play welcoming video about our district, please sit back and enjoy!
0:36 – World-class Facilities and Technology
2:18 – Caring and Safe Learning Environments
5:08 – Award-winning Teachers and Staff who Support All Learners
6:49 – A World of Opportunities for a Wide Variety of Student Interests
13:29 – The Ways We Prepare our Students for the Future
Our Annual State of the District Report
Every summer we take a look back at the wonderful things that have happened during the previous school year. We start by creating a comprehensive list of accolades and awards from each school year. To view one of these lists, please choose from the following previous school years:
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2013-2014
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2012-2013
- Comprehensive List of Accolades, 2011-2012
To aid in this retrospective “look back,” we also create a print piece called the State of the District at the beginning of each school year. To download a PDF version of the 2014 publication, click here.