Mission & Belief Statements
Walcott School strives to be a progressive learning environment where all students are challenged to reach their fullest potential.
Building Vision Statement
The Walcott School staff, along with parents and community members, will provide all students with a variety of meaningful and enriching educational opportunities that prepare them to become life-long learners and productive citizens for the 21st century.
Building Belief Statements
- Every person has an equal right to educational opportunities which accommodate their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual interests.
- Students and staff have a right to a safe and secure school environment.
- Quality in education must not be compromised because of lack of resources.
- Every student has the potential to learn, but each at different rates and in different ways.
- Each person has intrinsic worth, and therefore should be treated with dignity.
- Public education is an active partnership among the school, the student, the home, and the community.
- Self-discipline is a prerequisite for the development of higher order thinking skills and the potential lifelong learning.
Davenport Community Schools: Our Mission
We will enhance each student’s abilities by providing a quality education enriched by our diverse community.
Davenport Community Schools: Our Vision
We will provide an education that challenges conventional thinking, prepares all students to compete in a global society, and inspires our students, parents, staff, and community to answer the question, “What if?”
Walcott School values the diverse ethnic heritage of the students that we serve and believes to be prepared for today’s global society and workforce, students must be able to understand, appreciate, work with and learn from people with cultures and backgrounds different from their own.
It is the policy of the Davenport Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national orgin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), or marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the district’s equity coordinator: Dr. Erica Goldstone, Director of Equity & Diversity, 1606 Brady Street, Davenport, Iowa 52803; Phone: 563-336-3812