Mission, Philosophy, Beliefs Statement
Ensure that ALL students develop their unique potential to become responsible, educated citizens.
All students will succeed in a global society with the skills and strategies needed to learn.
Collective Commitment Statements
At Sudlow Intermediate, we will:
- have high expectations for learning and student achievement.
- have high expectations for behaviors of students and staff.
- provide a safe, positive, and supportive learning environment.
- provide rigorous and relevant curriculum to promote life-long learning.
- collaborate to support student success.
- provide differentiated instruction.
- implement effective reading strategies across the curriculum.
- communicate with families and encourage their involvement.
Sudlow Intermediate School is designed to meet the unique needs of the early adolescent learner in the continuing transition for students between elementary and secondary education. Students in the age group are undergoing rapid physical, social and psychological changes, which necessitate fundamental guidance. To broaden student experiences, strengthen adaptability and expand interests, a strong foundation of necessary skills supports a program which provides opportunities for success. In experiencing success, each child enhances his or her self-image. The educational environment of the school is directed towards stimulating students to reach for new experiences, understandings and skills. We encourage students to become responsible decision-makers. Students are encouraged to develop strategies for problem solving and to apply self-discipline to everyday situations. The students in our school range the entire spectrum of socio-economic, racial and cultural groups reflected in our community. The Sudlow staff strives to provide an atmosphere where these diverse groups can share their strengths and enhance mutual understandings. This atmosphere is further strengthened with frequent contact between parents and educators. A major goal is to help our students become responsible citizens of a democratic society and supportive members of a world community.