Davenport Community Schools
To visit the Davenport Community Schools district-level web site , click on the following link:
Experience Davenport Community Schools – A District of Distinction!
The Davenport Community School District has the resources of a large district with the small class sizes and hands-on approach of a hometown school. With over 30 schools serving Blue Grass, Buffalo, Davenport and Walcott, Davenport Community Schools are resource-rich, blending student and family support programs with a wide array of curricular offerings to create a quality learning environment for all students. High expectations and low class sizes, customized curriculum and a caring learning environment, over $135 million in recent facilities improvement and high tech classrooms and library-media centers… the Davenport Community Schools offer all students a world-class learning experience.
Education that challenges conventional thinking, prepares all students to compete in a global society, and inspires our students, parents, staff, and community to answer the question, “What if?”
To enhance each student’s abilities by providing a quality education enriched by our diverse community.”
• We believe all children can and will learn in the Davenport Community School District.
• We believe each child deserves respect.
• We believe we must have high expectations for each child.
• We believe we must never limit children.
• We believe in the power of effective instruction.
• We believe effective instruction encourages students to be inquisitive and to explore and discover.
• We believe every child has the right to a safe environment.
• We believe a caring environment is important for student success because relationships impact learning.
• We believe extracurricular activities engage students in the educational environment.
• We believe effective schools nurture relationships and impact learning.
• We believe in the universal benefits of continuous quality improvement.