“When I pick up my child from Stepping Stones, my child is happy and in a good mood, so transitioning to the rest of our evening is easy.”
– Parent of a Stepping Stones child
Stepping Stones is a collaboration between Davenport Community Schools, the City of Davenport Parks and Recreation Department, and Iowa State University Extension. The award-winning program serves fifteen of our elementary schools with high-quality afterschool enrichment programs, as well as top-notch summer programming. Stepping Stones has been in existence since 2000 and offers a safe, fun, caring environment for students.
All children in Davenport will have access to high quality and affordable expanded learning opportunities through school-based community collaborations within Stepping Stones before and afterschool and summer programs.
The mission of Stepping Stones Out of School Time Programs is to enhance each student’s developmental assets and abilities by providing expanded learning opportunities that are enriched by collaborations with our diverse community.
- All children deserve physical and emotional environments that satisfy their basic needs.
- All children need supportive adult relationships and role models.
- All children benefit from expanded learning opportunities.
- All children can contribute to and serve their community.
- All children benefit from community collaboration.