Special Education Accreditation Updates
A program accreditation and finance team from the Iowa Department of Education visited the Davenport Community School District from January 30-February 1, 2018. The goal of the team’s visit was to further review issues identified as part of a desk audit and check for additional compliance issues.
The program accreditation team determined that our district is out of compliance with seven general areas:
- Placement decisions for Students with Disabilities
- Providing Prior Written Notice to Parents
- Disproportionality of Identification
- Services for Student Behavior Needs
- Removals and Suspensions of Students with Disabilities
- Evaluation Procedures, including Initial Evaluations
- Seclusion and Restraint, as applied to students with disabilities
In order to keep parents and community members informed of our progress in addressing the state team’s concerns in these areas, we will be posting regular updates on this page. Please seethe updates below.