School Board Goal and Objectives
GOAL: The Davenport School Board will actively lead the district in ensuring that every
student excels to the level of his or her ability.
To that end, we establish the following objectives.
- Expect all students to make a minimum of one year’s growth in curricula prescribed by the Common Core and assessed by the Iowa Growth Model.
- Ensure small class sizes are maintained to enhance the learning environment as set by Board Policy #603.01 Class Size.
- Improve communications efforts that will cultivate awareness, parental involvement, and participation with business groups.
- Evaluate and analyze board processes to find the best methods to improve board effectiveness and efficiency.
- Coordinate strategic and tactical legislative advocacy to provide opportunities to influence decision-makers in order to enhance public education in Iowa.
- Regularly review the Comprehensive School Improvement Plan to ensure the district’s long range vision as a “District of Distinction” is being met.
Board Adoption: June 11, 2012