School Board Election Information
SPECIAL ELECTION SCHEDULED
FOR TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2016
The Davenport Community Schools District’s Board of Directors and the Scott County Auditor’s Office have announced the date for a special election to fill the current vacancy on the Davenport Community School Board. The Special Election will be held on Tuesday, February 16, 2016.
The following individuals has submitted their candidate papers: Clyde Mayfield, Elaine Kresse, Megan Long, Andrew DeNoyer, Ileaser S. Parker-Tatum, Erika Kall and Bruce Werning.
Eight Vote Center Sites have been set and residents who live within the Davenport Community School District boundaries (which include Blue Grass, Buffalo, and Walcott) are encouraged to vote at any one of these centers from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on February 16th.
The Vote Center Sites are:
- Blue Grass Public Safety Building, 606 W. Mayne St., Blue Grass
- Mark’s Lutheran Church, 2363 West Third St., Davenport
- United Neighbors, 808 Harrison St., Davenport
- C.A.S.I. Center for Active Seniors, 1035 W. Kimberly Rd., Davenport
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 415 West 53rd, Davenport
- Duck Creek Park Lodge, 3300 East Locust St., Davenport
- Scott Community College/West Davenport Center, 2950 North Fairmount St., Davenport
- Unitarian Church, 3707 Eastern Ave., Davenport
Eligible voters who have not registered to vote may do so at the Scott County Auditor’s Office, 600 West Fourth St., Davenport from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eligible voters may also register at the Vote Center Sites prior to voting on the day of the election.
CANDIDATE FORUMS SCHEDULED:
Thursday, February 4th at 5PM
Jim Hester Board Room Third Floor of the Acheivement Service Center, 1606 Brady St, Davenport
(Sponsored by Davenport School Board’s Legislative Advocacy Committee)
Monday, February 8th at 6PM
United Neighbors, 808 North Harrison Street, Davenport
(Sponsored by United Neighbors Inc.)