FAFSA – Free Application For Student Aid
Bring the things you’ll need to complete your FAFSA
Go to: www.fafsa.ed.gov
(DO NOT USE fafsa.com, they charge $$$)
Get it DONE by March 1!
(you can do it after March 1, but the sooner the better for you!!!)
What to Bring
Parents and students should bring their latest tax information and/or last pay stub from the previous year in order to complete the form.
- Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card)
- Driver’s license (if any)
- W-2 Forms for the previous year and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) most recent Federal Income Tax Return:
- IRS Form 1040,
- foreign tax return, or
- tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Parent’s Federal Income Tax Return for the previous year (if you are a dependent student as defined by federal criteria)
- Untaxed income records for the previous year:
- Social Security,
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families,
- welfare, or
- Veteran’s benefits.
- Current bank statements
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.
EVERY HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR SHOULD COMPLETE THE FAFSA. IT MAY CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER!!!!!!
FREE HELP COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA
1) Ask someone at your school to help you.
2) Ask a friend who is in college to help you.
3) Ask your counselor for advice on who can help.
4) Call 563-336-3832 if you need help finding someone to help you complete your FAFSA.
5) Go to one of the events scheduled in the community.
6) Check out www.iowacgs.org for College Goal Sunday info dates and locations across Iowa.
Financial Aid Information Presentation Nights sponsored by Iowa College Access Network (ICAN)
- West HS – 1/23 @5:30PM
- Central HS – 1/28 @6:30PM
- Roosevelt Community Center – 3/6 @6PM (1220 Minnie Avenue, Davenport, IA 322-8156)
- Duck Creek Lodge – 3/13 @ 6PM
College Planning Night Presentation sponsored by Iowa College Access Network (ICAN)
- Central HS – 3/8 @6:30 for Seniors and your parents
FAFSA COMPLETION EVENTS: Show up and get your FAFSA done with experienced help!
- West High- 2/6 During Conferences
- St. Ambrose University -2/20 from 3-7PM
- Scott Community College/Kahl Building – 2/23 from 9:30-1:30 (Spanish speaker available
Thank you to our event sponsors for their support!