FAFSA – Free Application For Student Aid
Bring the things you’ll need to complete your FAFSA
Go to: www.fafsa.ed.gov
(DO NOT USE fafsa.com, they charge $$$)
Get it DONE by March 1!
(you can do it after March 1, but the sooner the better for you!!!)
EVERY HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR SHOULD COMPLETE THE FAFSA. IT MAY CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOR THE BETTER!!!!!! FREE HELP COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA
Financial Aid Information – Iowa College Access Network (ICAN)
- ICAN website for Davenport, IA
- Davenport Location: St. Ambrose University North Davenport Education Center 1950 E 54th Street, Davenport, IA 52807
- Contact Lupe Hernandez at ghernandez@ICANsucceed.org or at 319-423-7702
FAFSA COMPLETION EVENTS: Show up and get your FAFSA done with experienced help!
- St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA February 19th 4pm to 7pm
- Muscatine Community College - Muscatine Campus, Muscatine, IA, March 6th 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Scott Community College – Belmont Campus Bettendorf, IA Saturday, March 8th – 9:30am to 12:30pm
1) Ask someone at your school to help you.
2) Ask a friend who is in college to help you.
3) Ask your counselor for advice on who can help.
4) Call 563-336-3832 if you need help finding someone to help you complete your FAFSA.
5) Go to one of the events scheduled in the community.
6) Check out www.iowacgs.org for College Goal Sunday info dates and locations across Iowa.
What to Bring
Parents and students should bring their latest tax information and/or last pay stub from the previous year in order to complete the form.
- Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card)
- Driver’s license (if any)
- W-2 Forms for the previous year and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) most recent Federal Income Tax Return:
- IRS Form 1040,
- foreign tax return, or
- tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Parent’s Federal Income Tax Return for the previous year (if you are a dependent student as defined by federal criteria)
- Untaxed income records for the previous year:
- Social Security,
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families,
- welfare, or
- Veteran’s benefits.
- Current bank statements
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.
Thank you to our event sponsors for their support!