WELCOME TO THE DAVENPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOLS PURCHASING AND WAREHOUSE DEPARTMENTS
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Purchasing and Central Receiving Departments is to obtain the highest quality products and services while ensuring the lowest cost for our staff and students. We pride ourselves in providing great customer service.
The Purchasing Department is located on the third floor; Suite 318:
JB Young Opportunity Center – ASC
1702 Main St.
Davenport, IA 52803
Purchasing and Warehouse Supervisor:
Dawn Kimmel , (563) 336-7804
The Warehouse is located at:
1008 W. Kimberly Road
Davenport, IA 52806
Mary Wells, (563) 336-7843
MEET THE REST OF THE PURCHASING AND WAREHOUSE STAFF
Purchasing and Warehouse hours of operation are from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday with the exception of legal holidays.
ARE YOU A VENDOR INTERESTED IN DOING BUSINESS WITH DAVENPORT SCHOOLS?
In order to better serve our customers, we require all those wishing to do business with us to fill out the form below.
Here are a few things you need to know:
Our Board of Directors and the laws of the State of Iowa guide the purchasing policies for the Davenport Community School District. It is the policy of the school district to:
1) Conduct all purchasing in accordance with Federal and State laws and in compliance with the policies of the Davenport Community School District.
2) Award of the contract: The contract will generally be awarded on the basis of the lowest responsible bid and bidder, taking into consideration the price, quality, delivery and ability, past work history, and any other factors the District determines to be relevant. The decision to award the Contract shall be final. Our Board of Directors reserves the right to reject any and all bids if it is in the best interest of the School District.
3) Provide all qualified vendors the right and the opportunity to sell their products and services to the Davenport Community School District.
4) Treat all responsible vendors equally and fairly.
5) Maintain the integrity of the purchasing process and protect the public interest.
The District is exempt from all Federal, State of Iowa and other States taxes on the purchase of materials and/or services purchased or rented to complete their contract. If you need tax exempt certificates please follow the following link to process your request. You must fill out the form for each of the contractors that will need a tax exempt form. Please contact Dawn Kimmel with any questions.
If you are inquiring about tax exemption certificate other than construction, please contact the DCSD Accountant Kerry Weinbrandt through the email link or at 563-336-7409
To view the most current bid opportunities:
VENDOR INFORMATION DISCLOSURE FORM: Vendor Disclosure
Are you a Davenport Schools Staff member?
Need to order something – Click here for the latest form – PURCHASE REQUEST FORM
We are in the process of creating and implementing electronic Purchase Request Forms.
Here are some things that we are working on for the 2019 School Year:
AMAZON for business PRIME accounts for each of our buildings – July of 2019
Online Stock Ordering for our buildings – July of 2019
Online Office Supply Ordering – July 2019
Online Auction Site for Overflow of Assets –
DON’T FORGET TO USE OUR COPY CENTER FACILITY
Lowest copy prices to date and we have many upgrades on the way to better serve your needs.
As of October 2018 we are working to update our policies and procedures to better help you with your procurement needs. Look for our new manual to come out very soon.
We are also working on our web page and will continue to add items daily. In the mean time, if you have questions/concerns please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help you.