Provide vehicles for DCSD employee and student travel
The fleet is comprised of 1 five passenger car, 1 four passenger hybrid car, 2 eight passenger SUVs and 3 eight passenger vans.
A driver must be a district employee over 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
Fuel charges will be applied to the account number provided by the driver or the person reserving the vehicle. There is not a charge for using the vehicle, however a $20.00 fee will be applied if the driver does not cancel the vehicle request prior to the scheduled pickup. A $20.00 fee will be applied if trash is not cleaned from vehicle, the vehicle is not refueled prior to its return, the vehicle form is not filled out and fuel receipts are not left in the vehicle pouch with credit card, keys, lights are left on, windows are left open, etc.
A Request for District Vehicle form, found here in “The Well”, should be filled out and should include an account number for fuel charges. The correct completed forms should be sent to Lindsey Teel via e-mail attachment (firstname.lastname@example.org). Lindsey will check availability and schedule if a vehicle is available on the date requested. Please do not e-mail or call to check availability prior to sending in the request; this only delays the process. Requests are processed in the order in which they are received via email. Incomplete forms will be returned. A copy of your request will be returned to you with the assigned vehicle number, this will serve as your confirmation. If a vehicle is not available you will receive an e-mail notification indicating such.
- Drivers should pick the key packet up at the Department of Operations, 1008 West Kimberly by 4:00 p.m. the day it’s scheduled to be used. Our office opens at 7:00 a.m. that is the earliest it may be picked up. Pickup time must be indicated on your request form.
- Drivers will receive a key to the gated area behind the Department of Operations for after hour access to pool vehicles.
- Drivers should thoroughly check vehicle for damage prior to leaving on their trip, please note any damage on the form.
- Locate tire changing items prior to leaving and confirm fuel tank is full.
- If an emergency situation should arise, or if you need fuel out of town, we have provided an District P- card. This can be used at any gas station. Put the receipt for fuel in the packet.
- When returning, the vehicle should be returned to its original pickup location. On the key ring is a Key Fob to be used to fuel vehicle. The fuel supply pump is located just to the right as you enter the gated area. Instructions for use of Key Fob are enclosed in the packet. Please enter the amount of fuel to fill vehicle on the request form. Fuel tank must be filled after completion of trip. Paperwork, keys, etc should be enclosed in the packet and dropped into the pool vehicle drop slot located next to the brown double doors across from where the pool vehicles are parked. A sign labeled “Pool Vehicle Drop” is above the slot(north side of the Davenport Learning Center building). The vehicle should be locked upon leaving. If returning after hours, the padlock on the gated area should be locked upon leaving.