Human Resources & Employee Benefits
Employing nearly 2,500 people, the Davenport Community Schools serve over 15,000 students in four communities: Blue Grass, Buffalo, Davenport, and Walcott. Nowhere else in the area do so many people, from so many different walks of life, come together each day to learn and work for the good of all. Thank you for your interest in learning more about this great learning community.
Human Resources Links & Resources
Employee Workers’ Compensation Resources
- Employee First Report of Injury Form (PDF)
- Employee Instructions for Treatment (PDF)
- EMC /MedCor Reporting Instructions
Iowa Board of Educational Examiners (BOEE)
Information for Parents/Students in Title I Buildings
- Parents of students in Title I buildings will be notified when their student(s)’ licensed instructor and/or guest teacher is teaching for four (4) or more consecutive weeks and is not properly certified for the grade level or content area for that class.
- Parents of students in Title I buildings are entitled, upon request to the Principal, information regarding their student(s)’ classroom teacher’s professional qualifications.
- 2019-2020 Title I Buildings:
- Elementaries: Buchanan, Fillmore, Garfield, Hayes, Jackson, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Washington, & Wilson
- Intermediates: Smart, Williams, & Wood
- 2019-2020 Title I Buildings:
2017-2020 Bargaining Unit Contracts & Guest Teacher Handbook
- Custodial Bargaining Unit Contract
- Food Service Bargaining Unit Agreement
- Maintenance Bargaining Unit Agreement
- Para Educator Bargaining Unit Agreement
- Secretarial Bargaining Unit Agreement
- Teacher Bargaining Unit Agreement
- Guest Teacher-Nurse Handbook 2019-20
Employee Work Rules
Employee Benefits Summaries
Employee Benefits Newsletters & Links
Employee Training Links
Human Resources/Employee Benefits & Equity Department Staff:
Dr. Erica Goldstone Director of Human Resources & Equity (563) 336-7487 email@example.com
Jabari Woods Associate Director of Equity (563) 336-7496 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaime Kroeger HR Contract Specialist (563) 336-7493 email@example.com
Wendy Berg Generalist – Employee Benefits/Wellness (563) 336-7501 firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Brookhart Generalist – Employee Benefits/Wellness (563) 336-7502 email@example.com
Julie Ditch Generalist – Human Resources (563) 336-7488 firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Engler Generalist – Human Resources (563) 336-7489 email@example.com
Shelli Godke Generalist – Human Resources (563) 336-7491 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Herzmann Employee Benefits Facilitator (563) 336-7503 email@example.com
Dawn Saul HR Office Manager (563) 336-7490 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Savala Generalist – Human Resources (563) 336-7494 email@example.com
Lynn Tibbetts Generalist – Human Resources (563) 336-7495 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanne Wolf Equity Investigator (part-time) (563) 336-7403 email@example.com
Sheri Womack Equity Investigator (part-time) (563) 336-7402 firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is the HR/Employee Benefits/Equity Department located?
The Human Resources & Equity Department is located at the Achievement Service Center in the former JB Young school, on the 2nd floor, rooms #230-238.
Enter through the Main Street side entrance. Take the elevator to 2nd floor.
“I believe that the Davenport Community Schools is one of Iowa’s Leaders in Education. The skills that are taught to the “novice” learner are the skills that will resonate in them as contributing adults. Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, Physical Education and the Arts are the vitamins for a healthy mind and body. Each of these subject areas work congruently with each other as I have witnessed with my own three children. Students of diverse backgrounds have worked as part of the learning environment. Understanding cultures as a part of the learning structure only enhances the educational experience. The Davenport Community Schools offer a well-rounded solution to an ever changing society.”
– Phyllis Thede, State Representative, Former Secretary at Williams Intermediate, and Parent of DCS Graduates
|It is the policy of the Davenport Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination.
If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact the District’s Equity Coordinator:
Jabari Woods, Associate Director of Equity, 1702 N. Main Street, Davenport, IA 52803; Telephone (563) 336-7496; Fax (563) 445-5950; Email: email@example.com.
Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204; Telephone (312) 730-1560; Fax (312) 730-1576; Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.