To create schools that enable all students to learn, districts must provide learning opportunities that offer supports based on the needs of individual schools, teachers, and students (equity) and have high expectations for all students (results). It is through these efforts that all students succeed.
Both federal and state laws require in educational programs and in school hiring practices there is no discrimination on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, and socioeconomic status. In addition, districts are required to implement multi-cultural, gender-fair approaches to the entire educational program.
The Iowa Department of Education has the legal responsibility to monitor compliance with federal and state equity related requirements in school districts receiving federal and state funding. The Equity Review Process is one way the Department carries out this responsibility. Davenport Community School District has the responsibility to implement, integrate, and monitor federal and state equity related legislation. It is the role of the District Equity Coordinator to coordinate efforts to comply with these equity related requirements.
To learn more, click on any of the following links:
- Equity Process and Procedures
- Non-discrimination Statement
- Complaint Procedure
- District Equity Coordinator
- Equity Committee
- School Improvement and the Educational Program
- Physical Education, Extra-Curricular Activities and Athletics
- Access, Integration, and Inclusion
- Support Services for Special Populations
- Climate and Discipline
- Employment, Personnel, and Advisory Committees
- Multicultural Paraprofessionals to Teachers Program Application and Disclosure Form
- This copy of the application on the district website is a printable copy only. You can print it and complete it by hand. If you prefer to complete the application on the computer using Microsoft Word, please follow these instructions:
- Go to your desktop and follow this path: click The Well>Internal Access to Well resources>Achievement Service Center>Equity & Student Support>Multicultural Paraprofessionals to Teacher Program;
- Save the application to your computer desktop;
- Complete the application from the saved copy on your desktop;
- Save the application again to your desktop. Be sure to name the document clearly, don’t just save it as “application”. Try using your first initial and last name, and application. It will look like this if the name is Joe Smith: JSmithapplication.doc