Athletics and Extracurricular Activities
In addition to strong academic programs, the Davenport Community Schools features an amazing array of extracurricular activities designed to help students build skills, relationships and positive self esteem. Offered at every level and in all of our buildings, these activities range from intramural and organized conference sports to a variety of special interest clubs and outlets for creative expression. Organized, monitored and supervised by trained staff and volunteers – along with plenty of student input – these various programs create increased opportunities for students to learn about themselves and the world around them. Many also provide volunteer and community service opportunities. More information on a number of these activities can be found on our individual school websites or by calling the schools directly, or by following DCSD Athletics on Twitter at @dcsdsports or on Facebook by liking Davenport Community Schools Athletics.
Backpacks/Bags at DCSD Events
In an effort to provide the safest environment possible for our student-athletes and fans, backpacks and bags will no longer be permitted at DCSD events. Effective August 1, 2016, non-athletes in attendance at our events will no longer be allowed to bring backpacks, book bags, duffle bags, string bags, or oversize purses into our venues. This expectation is in line with several other schools in the Mississippi Athletic Conference, along with most institutions/teams at the collegiate and professional level.
For additional information, please click here: DCSD Backpack Rule
Clear plastic bags
Regular-sized handbags or purses
Bags larger than a handbag or purse
- Central High School Athletics Page
- North High School Athletics Page
- West High School Athletics Page
- Falcon Card Information
- Future Falcon Youth Sports
- West Booster Club
Tweets by @dcsdsports
Beginning in the fall of 2016, the DCSD will be providing Activity Busing for all intermediate-aged student-athletes. These buses will pick the students up from their respective schools and drop off at differing feeder elementary locations. This is an exciting opportunity for your child–see here for more information. Intermediate Activity Busing
Important Information and Forms
- Physical Exam Form
- Physical Exam Form in SPANISH
- Physical Exam Form in VIETNAMESE
- Concussion HEADS UP form
- DCSD Good Conduct
- Intermediate Boys Basketball Schedule 2016-17
- High School Schedules
- CURRENT COACHING OPPORTUNITIES in the Davenport Schools
Athletic Eligibility Requirements
Any Davenport Community School District student participating in a program sanctioned by the Iowa High School Athletic Association or the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union will need to meet the requirements stipulated in the Iowa Code 281-36.15 under 36.15(2) Scholarship Rules.
The Superintendent has the authority to act on behalf of the Board on all matters affecting athletic eligibility of students in those cases to which the Iowa Department of Education regulations require approval by the Board and/or Superintendent.
A student in grades 9-12 whose transfer of schools had occurred due to a request for open enrollment by the student’s parents or guardian is ineligible to compete during the first 90 days of transfer. Exception – A student may participate immediately if the student is entering the 9th grade and did not play in any sport for a school following their 8th grade year.
More DCSD eligibility information can be obtained HERE.
To view information related to academic eligibility for intermediate school athletics, click here: 2016 – 2017 Academic Eligibility for Intermediate School Athletics
- Iowa High School Athletic Association (Boys)–information regarding boys athletics
- Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union–information regarding girls athletics
- National Federation of State High School Associations–information regarding rules and regulations; also great information on all aspects of high school athletics/activities
- rSchoolToday–information regarding HS schedules, calendars, event locations, and more
- National Alliance for Youth Sports–information for parents, coaches, and officials
- Iowa Board of Educational Examiners–information for those interested in pursuing a coaching endorsement/authorization
- Virtual Backpack–includes information about other community-based athletic opportunities
- DCSD Athletics Twitter–@dcsdsports
- DCSD Facebook–Davenport Community Schools Athletics