Physical Education Overview
Students will be graded on a 10 point scale every day.
3 Pts– Dressing out (Partial Dress will result in loss of 2 points)
What constitutes dressing out?
– Footwear: Tennis Shoes or sneakers. No boots, dress shoes, heels, flats, flip-flops, sandals, stocking feet, or wearing only socks.
– Bottoms: Shorts, sweatpants/slick pants, or capris. No jeans, dress pants or slacks, skirts, or dresses will be allowed.
– Tops: Blue PE shirt or Blue North activity shirt.
7 Pts – Combination of participation and behavior graded throughout the period.
– Students must fully participate in warm-ups and assigned activities to the best of their ability, if they refuse they will be sent out and receive a 0 for the day.
– Students who do not dress out, may participate in the activity for the day. The highest grade they can recieve is 7/10 for the day.
– They are allowed 1 “Free Referral Day” for each grading period. They will be given a “0” but will be allowed to
stay with the class.
– Every subsequent time after that they choose to Not Participate, they will be sent out of class with a referral. They will be have 1 week to make up the grade for 1/2 credit.
*If lifting during on a game day, you will still be expected to lift, we will cut down the reps and weight by 50%.
*If injured and have a Dr’s note, you will be excused for the day from lifting but have to write a ½ page paper about something to do with sports to get credit.
Regardless of the situation, if a student is not in class for the day, they must make up the points.
P.E. make-ups are done during SMART Block in which the students can walk 18 laps in the large gym for credit.