North High School Announcements April 29th- May 3rd
– CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK to these athletes representing North at the State Track Meet on Thursday: Elisjsha Wiseman, long jump, Brant Carter, discus, Alec Seifert, high jump, Ariana Hill 100 meter and 200 meter and Zanila Terrell, discus and shot put.
– If you played a sport this year please stop in activities and pick up your awards.
– If you are going to be a junior or senior next year and are interested in being a Student Ambassador applications are on Google and are due Friday.
– The last Wildcat Catch-up Day is Saturday from 8:30-12:30 this is a great way to get extra help or catch up any missed work before finals. If you are interested see Mr. Hoeppner or one of your teachers to sign you up.
– If you haven’t ordered a yearbook yet time is running out to guarantee you get one. They are $75 in activities.
– Summer school registration is now open. Students who have failed a class may sign up for credit recovery classes with their counselor. Class times are scheduled for either 8:00am – 10:00am or 10:00am – 12:00pm. The registration deadline is June 1, 2019.
Summer School: High School Credit Recovery
Dates: June 17, 2019 – July 18, 2019 (no Fridays)
Where: Davenport Central High School
– If you are a drama student and are interested in attending this summer’s Leadership Day, please see Mrs. LaCorte in 750 to sign up.
Our drama showcase production of Proof has been moved from this Saturday to Friday, May 24 at 7 pm. Please join us for this award-winning drama written by David Auburn – admission is $5 at the door.
– Students please pick up you Prom pictures in the Activities Office.
– SENIOR PICNIC is Wednesday, May 22nd from 9am-1pm. Seniors must have a signed permission form turned in to the attendance office by Friday, May 17th.
– Attention Student – We have applications for working at McDonald here in the Main Office, please stop and pick up one if you are interested, McDonald’s is offering tution assistance for eligible.
– Corn Detasseling applications are here in the Main Office too, if interested in working this summer please stop in and pick up an application.
– Attention Seniors ~
If you have received a scholarship or an award, please stop by Student Services (Guidance Office) and let us know. We will ask you to complete a form with your scholarship information for the Senior Awards Ceremony.
The North High Senior Awards Night is Wednesday, May 22nd, at 6:30pm, in the Paul Holzworth Auditorium.
– Activities for the week!
MONDAY, MAY 13th
8:00 AM AP Biology test in the aud
4:30 PM Girls Varsity Soccer vs Burlington High School at North Soccer Field
6:00 PM Girls JV Soccer vs Burlington High School at North Soccer Field
7:00 PM Festival of Orchestras in the large gym
TUESDAY, MAY 14th
8:00 AM Calculus AB & AP Calculus BC tests in the auditorium lobby
12:00 PM AP Human Geography test in the auditorium lobby
1:00 PM Girls Varsity Golf Meet at Geneva Country Club in Muscatine
4:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer vs West High School at North Soccer Field
6:00 PM Boys JV Soccer vs West High School at North Soccer Field
WEDNESDAY, MAY 15th
8:00 AM AP English Language & Composition in the auditorium lobby
3:15 PM Girls Varsity Golf vs North Scott High School at Duck Creek Golf Course
4:30 PM Girls Varsity Soccer vs Iowa City Regina High School at North Soccer Field
6:00 PM Girls JV Soccer vs Iowa City Regina High School at North Soccer Field
7:30 PM Parade of Bands in the large gym
THURSDAY, MAY 16th
12:00 PM AP Stats test in the auditorium lobby
4:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer vs Clinton High School at North Soccer Field
6:00 PM Boys JV Soccer vs Clinton High School at North Soccer Field
7:00 PM Follies in the auditorium
FRIDAY, MAY 17th
LAST DAY TO TURN IN STUDENT AMBASSADOR APPLICATION
7:00 PM Follies in the auditorium
SATURDAY, MAY 18th
8:30am-12:30pm Wildcat Catch Up Day
2:00 PM Theatre Showcase in the auditorium
SUNDAY, MAY 19th
1:30 PM QC Area Youth Wind Symphony Concert in the auditorium
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
May 20 Band Boosters Meeting at 6:30pm in the Band Room
May 21 Vocal Awards and banquet at 7:00pm in the cafeteria
May 22 Senior picnic from 9am-1pm at the bubble on Brady St
May 22 Senior Awards in the auditorium at 6:30pm
May 24 Yearbook distribution in the gym lobby from 5-8pm
May 28 & 29 Finals for seniors
May 29 Last day for seniors
May 29 Graduation rehearsal and cap and gown distribution at 2:30pm in the gym
June 2 Graduation at 1:30pm at the TaxSlayer Center, Moline
June 4 53rd St Singers meeting at 6:30 in the cafeteria
June 6 Last day for students