Stereoscopic ViewerElementary School BandOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAearly_classroomp6280684_bphebe_sudlowOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERASuperintendent's DeskTimeline Wallgarfield_1923Our Volunteers, Working HardOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERASchool furniture_and materialsYearbooks from CentralOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA1910_high_school_orchestraOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAsusan-glaspell-2OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA1908_basketball_teamOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWall of Athletics memoribiliaOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAGlobeOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280661_bOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280706.jpgp6280677_b
  • Davenport School Museum
    1606 Brady Street (lower level)
    Davenport, IA 52803
    Phone: 563-336-5000
    email: museum@davenportschools.org

  • Smart

    • 1919- Opened for classes in February. Called West Intermediate School. Served grades 7-9
    • 1923- Nine rooms added to building
    • 1937- Renamed Frank L. Smart Intermediate School for district superintendent 1907-1936
    • 1950- Board designated Intermediate Schools as Junior Highs
    • 1963- A bond referendum provided money for a new addition, including a new kitchen, cafeteria, library, and and classrooms, plus renovations to the original part of the building
    • 1993- School designated and Intermediate School with grades 6-8
    • 2003- Addition of auditorium/gym, as well as renovations to the classrooms, offices, and other areas

    For more information, please visit Smart’s Page or our Museum.

    Smart Today Smart in the Past