Superintendent's Desk1910_high_school_orchestraOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOur Volunteers, Working HardElementary School Bandp6280684_bTimeline WallOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAsusan-glaspell-2OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280661_bOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWall of Athletics memoribiliap6280677_bStereoscopic ViewerOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERASchool furniture_and materialsGlobeOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA1908_basketball_teamearly_classroomOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAphebe_sudlowgarfield_1923p6280706.jpgOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAYearbooks from CentralOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Davenport School Museum
    1606 Brady Street (lower level)
    Davenport, IA 52803
    Phone: 563-336-5000
    email: museum@davenportschools.org

  • McKinley

    1716 Kenwood Avenue
    A new school was built in East Davenport to accommodate the growth that was taking place in that section of the district. McKinley School opened in the fall of 1940. It was a two-section school serving K-6 students. Students came from mainly Pierce School. Others came from nearby schools that were closing. In 1954 four rooms were added to accommodate increased enrollments.

    The area continued ro grow and in 1960, an eight room addition plus a large lunchroom provided needed space. More recently further renovations were made which provided a media center and technology provisions.

    For more information, please visit McKinely’s Page or our Museum.

    McKinley Today McKinley 1940