116 East Locust St.
This area in the school district was served by an aged building that had been added to many times. The building was also on the same site as JB Young Jr. High. A suitable large home on the corner of Brady and Locust Streets was obtained and demolished as the site as prepared for the new school building. “New” Madison School opened in the fall of 1940. It was a two section K-6 school. Students came from the old Madison School and Tyler School. In 1954 four classrooms were added. A year later eight classrooms and a lunchroom were added in a wing to the north. In 2003 renovations were made which provided for a new media center. The main entrance was relocated to the side of the building.