1027 Marquette Street
With the financing received from the Federal Government and a successful referendum, six new elementary schools were built and opened in 1940. Jefferson was one of the six. It was a four-section school for K-6. Students from Polk, Jackson, and Taylor provided most of the student body. Enrollments increased and additions and renovations were made in 1952, 1961, 1994, and more recently, the media center has been updated. In 1998, an agreement was made with a private company, the Edison Company, to provide a special curriculum and special material and methods.