Harrison School 1032 West 53rd Street
An independent school district to the north of the Davenport, Central Elementary, merged with the Davenport District in 1959. It had operated as an independent district since 1953, having combined several rural schools that had served the area.
Bill Quiram served as principal for the first year. The following year a presidential name was given, Harrison. Jim Picht became principal. The programs offered in other schools in Davenport became standard in the new Davenport School.
Additions and renovations have been made to Harrison in 1960,1968,1983, and 2004 to provide for growth in that area of the district and to provide the latest in instructional methods and materials.