l Washington | Davenport School Museum
Timeline Wallgarfield_1923OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAphebe_sudlowsusan-glaspell-21910_high_school_orchestraOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAearly_classroomStereoscopic ViewerOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWall of Athletics memoribiliaElementary School Band1908_basketball_teamOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAYearbooks from CentralOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280661_bOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAGlobeOur Volunteers, Working HardOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280684_bSuperintendent's DeskSchool furniture_and materialsOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280706.jpgOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280677_b
  • Davenport School Museum
    1702 N. Main Street (lower level)
    Davenport, IA 52803
    Phone: 563-336-7540
    email: museum@davenportschools.org

  • Washington

    1608 East Locust St.
    Using Federal Funds matched with voter approved local funds, Washington was one of the six new elementary schools that opened in the fall of 1940. Students from old Washington, Pierce, and Tyler Schools, which were closed, provided students to the new building. The building provided faculties for a completely revised elementary school program, providing special teachers for math, art, science, music, and physical education. Since opening in 1940, four classrooms were added in 1952. Another classroom was added in 1994. In 2005 extensive renovations were made, relocating thr instructional materials plus other needed facililities. Former students from old Washington School persuaded the demolition crew to save the bell and the corner stone. They collected money to have these preserved in a “shrine” on the present school site.

    For more information, please visit Washington’s Page or our Museum.

    Washington Hawks Washington Today Washington 1940