1926 West 4th Street
In 1868 a new three story building was built in the 1600 block of West Third Street to replace a small stone structure that had served the area since 1858. The Davenport School Board obtained Federal Funds to be matched by local funds to build new buildings. A site at 1926 West 4th Street was purchased to erect a new building to serve the area. New Monroe opened in the fall of 1940. This was a four-section school serving K-6 students. In 1955 several classrooms were added. In 2003 extensive renovations were made to provide a new media center, lunchroom, and other needed upgrades and improvements.