OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA1908_basketball_teamOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280661_bOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAStereoscopic ViewerSuperintendent's DeskElementary School Band1910_high_school_orchestraOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280706.jpgp6280684_bgarfield_1923School furniture_and materialsOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAearly_classroomOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAsusan-glaspell-2Timeline WallOur Volunteers, Working HardGlobeYearbooks from CentralOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280677_bWall of Athletics memoribiliaphebe_sudlow
  • Davenport School Museum
    1702 N. Main Street (lower level)
    Davenport, IA 52803
    Phone: 563-336-7540
    email: museum@davenportschools.org

  • Madison

    116 East Locust St.
    This area in the school district was served by an aged building that had been added to many times. The building was also on the same site as JB Young Jr. High. A suitable large home on the corner of Brady and Locust Streets was obtained and demolished as the site as prepared for the new school building. “New” Madison School opened in the fall of 1940. It was a two section K-6 school. Students came from the old Madison School and Tyler School. In 1954 four classrooms were added. A year later eight classrooms and a lunchroom were added in a wing to the north. In 2003 renovations were made which provided for a new media center. The main entrance was relocated to the side of the building.

    For more information, please visit Madison’s Page or our Museum.

    Madison Today Madison TodayMadison 1940