Superintendent's DeskTimeline WallOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWall of Athletics memoribiliaOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAearly_classroomp6280661_bYearbooks from CentralOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280706.jpgp6280677_bp6280684_b1910_high_school_orchestraphebe_sudlowOur Volunteers, Working HardOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAgarfield_1923Elementary School BandGlobeOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERASchool furniture_and materialsOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA1908_basketball_teamOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAsusan-glaspell-2Stereoscopic ViewerOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Davenport School Museum
    1702 N. Main Street (lower level)
    Davenport, IA 52803
    Phone: 563-336-7540
    email: museum@davenportschools.org

  • Lincoln

    1874 – What would become Lincoln Elementary School was built as Davenport High School at 7th and Rock Island St. (now Pershing). Thomas Nast created the first cartoon in which an elephant is depicted as the Republican Party symbol.

    1875 – Davenport High School opened. The principal was John B.Young until 1878.

    1907 – This building remained a high school until 1907 when the “new” high school at 1120 N. Main St. opened. The “old” high school became an elementary school, known as School No.15.

    1910 – Around 1910, the elementary schools in Davenport were named for U.S. presidents. The “old” high school was named Lincoln.

    1940 – “Old Lincoln” was torn down. Jefferson, Lincoln, Madison, McKinley, Monroe, and Washington Elementaries were built, World War II began, and 17 percent of the American work force remained unemployed.

    1940 – The “new” Lincoln school opened at 318 East 7th St.

    1952 – Lincoln School added 4 classrooms.

    1961 – Lincoln School added 8 classrooms.

    1978 – Lincoln became Lincoln Fundamental School.

    2013 – Lincoln School closed as an elementary school. Memorabilia from the school is now at the Davenport School Museum.