1730 Wilkes Avenue
In 1908 the Davenport School Board purchased a square block area in the fair grounds addition to provide a new school for the northwest area of Davenport. The following year a bond issue vote was held for $60,000 to build and equip a new school. Johnson school was built and opened in 1910. In 1939 & 1940 renovations were made to the building to convert it to a grade K-6 school to provide the same programs that would be offered in the new buildings. In 1954, an addition provided for an all purpose room to serve as an auditorium and gymnasium. At the close of the 2001-2002 school year the building was closed and students were sent to neighboring schools. The following year the building was sold for commercial use.