l Jefferson | Davenport School Museum
Elementary School Bandearly_classroomOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280684_bOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERASuperintendent's Desksusan-glaspell-2OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280706.jpgOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAYearbooks from CentralTimeline Wallp6280661_bOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOur Volunteers, Working HardSchool furniture_and materials1910_high_school_orchestragarfield_1923OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAp6280677_bphebe_sudlowOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAWall of Athletics memoribiliaStereoscopic Viewer1908_basketball_teamOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAGlobe
  • Davenport School Museum
    1702 N. Main Street (lower level)
    Davenport, IA 52803
    Phone: 563-336-7540
    email: museum@davenportschools.org

  • Jefferson

    1027 Marquette Street
    With the financing received from the Federal Government and a successful referendum, six new elementary schools were built and opened in 1940. Jefferson was one of the six. It was a four-section school for K-6. Students from Polk, Jackson, and Taylor provided most of the student body. Enrollments increased and additions and renovations were made in 1952, 1961, 1994, and more recently, the media center has been updated. In 1998, an agreement was made with a private company, the Edison Company, to provide a special curriculum and special material and methods.

    For more information, please visit Jefferson’s Page or our Museum.

    Jefferson Today OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA