- What is the difference between lava and magma?
- What are the three types of volcanoes? Name one fact about each.
- How many volcanoes on Earth are considered to be active? _____________
- Use this webpage to label the four layers of the Earth.
- In which layer of the Earth does rock melt to form magma? ________________________________________________________________
- Use this webpage to match the definitions of an active, dormant and extinct volcano.
- What is the Ring of Fire? Name one fact about it.
- What is the name of the volcano that recently became active in Hawaii?_______________________
- The biggest volcano in our solar system is on which planet? _____________________________
- Go to Volcano Explorer. Click on the link below “Virtual Volcano” to complete the chart. What kind of volcano did you create? ____________________________
What were your volcano’s characteristics? ________________________________