Hello McKinley Families,
We hope that you had a great week. The calendar will turn over to April next Monday, please be sure to check out all of the announcements below. Have a great weekend!!
Yearbooks For Sale
2018-2019 McKinley yearbooks are now on sale! Yearbooks are $12.00 each and can be purchased on-line at www.inter-state.com/yearbook – enter code 33261W. Ordering is available until March 29th. Questions? E-mail Sarah Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org. Get one for your student today!
April 5th End of the 3rd Quarter
April 5th will be the end of the 3rd quarter. We will be having a 2 hour early dismissal, which means school is dismissed at 1pm on this date. There will be no stepping stones.
PTA Meeting (May 9th)
At the May 9th PTA meeting Board Elections will be held. If you are interested in learning more or would like to become involved in the McKinley PTA Board, please make sure to be at the meeting which will start at 6pm in the library.
Pop Tab Competition
Student Council is extending the Pop Tab Competition! Continue to bring in your Pop Tabs until April 5th.
Sudlow Blood Drive
Monday, April 8, 3-6pm in the Sudlow Cafeteria
Contact Heather at 309-798-8480 to schedule an appointment.
We also need baked goods and snacks for donors. Drop off donations in the school office.
Central Summer Camps
BLUE DEVIL SUMMER 2019 SPORTS CAMPS Sponsored by our Blue Devil Athletic Foundation and Blue Devil Athletic Boosters
Boys Basketball Central (Grensing Fieldhouse)
June 10th -June 13th ● Athletes entering 3rd thru 8th grade—10am-12pm ● Contact Craig Wurdinger with questions—723-5400 or email@example.com ● $35 for the camp–MAKE CHECK FOR BASKETBALL CAMP PAYABLE TO Blue Devil Boosters
- Girls Volleyball Central (Grensing Fieldhouse)
Mon June 10th , Mon June 17th Wed June 19th ● Athletes entering grade 5th through 8th are eligible—4:30pm-6pm ● Contact Janelle Hester with questions—723-5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org ● $35 for the camp–MAKE CHECK FOR VOLLEYBALL CAMP PAYABLE TO Blue Devil Boosters
- Girls Basketball Central (Grensing Fieldhouse)
June 17th –June 20th ● Athletes entering 3rd grade through 8th –10:00 am-12:00 pm ● $35 for the camp–MAKE CHECK FOR BASKETBALL CAMP PAYABLE TO Blue Devil Boosters ● Contact Gary Mayfield with questions—723-5400 or email@example.com
- Soccer (boys and girls) Brady Stadium (Game Field)
July 8th -July 11th ● Athletes entering grade 3rd through 8th grade are eligible–9am-11am ● $35 for the camp–MAKE CHECK FOR SOCCER CAMP PAYABLE TO Blue Devil Boosters ● Contact Sean Harkness with questions—723-5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Nick Newman with questions—723-5400 or email@example.com
- Tennis (boys and girls) Brady Stadium—Jacobsen Courts
- Elementary Camp—June 24th-27th (June 28th as a rain day)—6pm-7:30pm ● Middle School Camp—July 8th -11th (July 12th as a rain day)—6pm-7:30pm ● $25 for Elementary Camp/$30 for Middle School Camp–MAKE CHECK FOR TENNIS CAMP PAYABLE TO: Blue Devil Boosters ● Contact Travis Carpenter with questions—445-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information and /or signup forms, please refer to the attachment.
- April 5th End of 3rd QTR 2 hour early dismissal 1pm
- April 11th PTA meeting 11am
- April 19th No School Teacher In-Service
- April 22nd we are having school
- April 25th Fine Arts Open House 5-7pm
- April 29th 3rd Grade Music Performance 6pm