Hello McKinley Families,
It was a great week of school at McKinley Elementary. Our students wrapped up their winter testing for FAST and enjoyed a Valentine’s Day Party on Thursday followed up with the 100th day of school celebration today. Our students continue to show great growth and are very motivated with their goals that have been set. We have a 3 day weekend as President’s Day is observed followed by our Multicultural Day next Friday, February 22nd.
The DCSD is in discussions on how we will be making up the cancelled school days due to weather. I will be communicating this with everyone as soon as we have the plan. We will utilize eblast, school website, twitter and letters home.
Have a great weekend!
PTA Trivia Night (Also being sent home in the Tuesday Folder)
McKinley’s 10th Annual Trivia Night
Friday March 1, 2019
- Attend Trivia Night! Reserve a table by emailing me at Grmclr1@yahoo.com or fill out the form below. Tables are just $100 for 8 people. Space is limited, so reserve your table now!
- Make a donation for the silent auction. Do you have a service or product that can be auctioned off? The more donations we have, the more successful our event will be! I would be happy to pick any items up, or you can drop them off at school by February 15.
- Be a sponsor or find a sponsor for the event. Individuals, families and businesses can sponsor our event! We have three levels of sponsorship: Gold (donate $500 or more), Silver (donate $250), and Bronze (donate $100). All sponsors will be recognized at the event and all Gold sponsors will receive a free table for trivia.
- Donate money or items to your child(ren)’s grade baskets. Each grade level will chose a theme and create a basket for the silent auction. More information will be coming soon.
- Donate your time. We need help soliciting donations and assembling baskets before the event. We also need 8-10 volunteers the night of the event to help with various aspects.
You can fill out the form that is being sent home in the Tuesday folder and return it to indicate how you would like to help. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at Grmclr1@yahoo.com or call/text at 563-210-4547. Thank you in advance for your support!
Carrie Heiting, McKinley Elementary PTA 2019 Trivia Night Chairperson
Kindergarten Round up
The 2019 Kindergarten Roundup date has been set for Thursday, March 7th, 2019 from 9:00-10:00am at McKinley Elementary. Please help spread the word throughout our McKinley community. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the office at 563-723-6800. More information will be coming out through upcoming eblasts and letters home in Tuesday folders.
Southeast Little League Registration
Dear Davenport Schools Parent/Guardian,
You are receiving this letter because you reside within the boundaries of Southeast Little League and your child is eligible to participate in the ‘Best’ Little League program in the QCA. Join us for the 2019 Little League Baseball Season at Prairie Heights Park!
We are excited to announce Online Registration is now available! Please visit our website at www.southeastlittleleague.com and register today! However, if you wish to register the traditional way, registration will be held on Saturday, February 16, 2019 at Modern Woodmen Park from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Please complete the attached registration form and bring it with you to registration. If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of the following; Thomas Mason IV, League President firstname.lastname@example.org or
Greg Swanson, Player Agent email@example.com
- February 21st Skate Night 6-8pm
- ·February 22nd Multicultural Day
- ·February 23rd Solo Fest @ North High School
- March 1st McKinley Battle of the Books
- March 1st PTA Trivia Night
- March 4th 2nd grade Music Performance 6pm
- March 7th Kindergarten Round-up 9-10am
- March 8th Spring Pictures