Hello McKinley Families,
It was a short week with the weather keeping us from regularly scheduled school days. We look forward to getting back in to a routine of full school weeks. I will be communicating with everyone on when DCSD plans to make-up the school days missed as soon as I have the information.
We have several announcements with information on upcoming events that will be taking place in February & March below.
McKinley’s 10th Annual Trivia Night
Friday March 1, 2019
Save the date for McKinley PTA’s largest fundraiser!
Doors open at 6pm, Trivia starts at 7pm at Heritage Hall on Arsenal Island
Do you want to help?
- Attend Trivia Night! Reserve a table by emailing me at Grmclr1@yahoo.com or fill out the form below. Tables are just $100 for 8 people. Space is limited, so reserve your table now!
- Make a donation for the silent auction. Do you have a service or product that can be auctioned off? The more donations we have, the more successful our event will be! I would be happy to pick any items up, or you can drop them off at school by February 15.
- Be a sponsor or find a sponsor for the event. Individuals, families and businesses can sponsor our event! We have three levels of sponsorship: Gold (donate $500 or more), Silver (donate $250), and Bronze (donate $100). All sponsors will be recognized at the event and all Gold sponsors will receive a free table for trivia.
- Donate money or items to your child(ren)’s grade baskets. Each grade level will chose a theme and create a basket for the silent auction. More information will be coming soon.
- Donate your time. We need help soliciting donations and assembling baskets before the event. We also need 8-10 volunteers the night of the event to help with various aspects.
You can fill out the form that is being sent home in the Tuesday folder and return it to indicate how you would like to help. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at Grmclr1@yahoo.com or call/text at 563-210-4547. Thank you in advance for your support!
Carrie Heiting, McKinley Elementary PTA 2019 Trivia Night Chairperson
Multicultural Day Sign up
A volunteer sign up letter will be coming home in next week’s Tuesday folder. This is a great event at McKinley Elementary and it is not possible without the help and support from our parents/volunteers. Deadline to apply to volunteer is due by February 8th. Multicultural Day will be February 22nd.
Kindergarten Round up
The 2019 Kindergarten Roundup date has been set for Thursday, March 7th, 2019 from 9:00-10:00 am at McKinley Elementary. Please help spread the word throughout our McKinley community. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the office at 563-723-6800. More information will be coming out through upcoming eblasts and letters home in Tuesday folders.
Southeast Little League Registration
Dear Davenport Schools Parent/Guardian,
You are receiving this letter because you reside within the boundaries of Southeast Little League and your child is eligible to participate in the ‘Best’ Little League program in the QCA. Join us for the 2019 Little League Baseball Season at Prairie Heights Park! We are excited to announce Online Registration is now available! Please visit our website at www.southeastlittleleague.com and register today! However, if you wish to register the traditional way, registration will be held on Saturday, February 16, 2019 at Modern Woodmen Park from 9:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Please complete the attached registration form and bring it with you to registration. If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of the following: Thomas Mason IV, League President firstname.lastname@example.org or Greg Swanson, Player Agent email@example.com
- February 7th Movie Night 5:30pm and PTA meeting 6pm
- February 12th Girls Who Code meeting in the library 5:30-6:30 pm
- February 14th Valentine’s Day Parties 1:55-2:50pm
- February 18th No School Presidents’ Day
- February 21st Skate Night 6-8pm
- February 22nd Multicultural Day
- February 23rd Solo Fest @ North High School
- March 1st McKinley Battle of the Books
- March 1st PTA Trivia Night