Hello McKinley Families,
Welcome back following winter break. It was a great first couple of days back and beginning to start our normal routine. I would like to remind all parents/guardians that if you have a child that will be out of school sick to make sure to contact the office to notify us of the absence. Also, we are still teamed up with the United Way in the “Strive for Less than 5” absences in the school year. Each quarter, students with perfect attendance are recognized at our PBIS assembly and receive an award/incentive.
Next Thursday at 6pm we will have a PTA meeting in the Library at McKinley. There is child supervision that can be utilized during the meeting time so parents can attend. Come on out and become involved in our PTA.
PTA Trivia Night (Also being sent home in the Tuesday Folder)
McKinley’s 10th Annual Trivia Night
Friday March 1, 2019
Save the date for McKinley PTA’s largest fundraiser!
Doors open at 6pm, Trivia starts at 7pm at Heritage Hall on Arsenal Island
Do you want to help?
- Attend Trivia Night! Reserve a table by emailing me at Grmclr1@yahoo.com or fill out the form below. Tables are just $100 for 8 people. Space is limited, so reserve your table now!
- Make a donation for the silent auction. Do you have a service or product that can be auctioned off? The more donations we have, the more successful our event will be! I would be happy to pick any items up, or you can drop them off at school by February 15.
- Be a sponsor or find a sponsor for the event. Individuals, families and businesses can sponsor our event! We have three levels of sponsorship: Gold (donate $500 or more), Silver (donate $250), and Bronze (donate $100). All sponsors will be recognized at the event and all Gold sponsors will receive a free table for trivia.
- Donate money or items to your child(ren)’s grade baskets. Each grade level will chose a theme and create a basket for the silent auction. More information will be coming soon.
- Donate your time. We need help soliciting donations and assembling baskets before the event. We also need 8-10 volunteers the night of the event to help with various aspects.
You can fill out the form that is being sent home in the Tuesday folder and return it to indicate how you would like to help. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at Grmclr1@yahoo.com or call/text at 563-210-4547. Thank you in advance for your support!
Carrie Heiting, McKinley Elementary PTA 2019 Trivia Night Chairperson
The Children’s Villages will be holding a pre-school registration for the upcoming 19-20 school year on Thursday, January 17th from 1-3 PM or 5:30-7 PM at Children’s Village West, 1757 W 12th Street, Davenport or Children’s Village Hoover, 1002 Spring Street, Davenport. Please bring with you the following documents: Birth Certificate, current Immunizations and Physical, Proof of residency, Proof of income/DHS Child Care Assistance. Please contact Children’s Village West 563-336-7800 with any questions.
- January 10th PTA meeting 6pm
- January 17th End of 1st QTR 2 HR Early Dismissal (12:50pm) NO stepping stones
- January 18th No School (Teacher In-Service)
- January 21st No School (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- January 28th Blood Drive 2:50-6:30pm