My name is Kathy Schadel and I am the School Nurse at Keystone Academy. Below you will find some helpful information regarding the Health Office:
Please notify the Health Office: if your child has a change in health status, a communicable disease, needs to take medication at school, or has developed a chronic illness that is diagnosed.
If your child will be absent: please call the school and give two symptoms or physician’s diagnosis.
Fever: If your child’s temperature is 100 or above, you will be called and the child will need to go home. Children are to stay home until they have not had a fever for 24 hours before returning to school.
Medications: All prescriptions and nonprescription medications must have a DCSD Medication Administration form signed by both the provider and parent/guardian. This form may be obtained from the Health Office or on line. Medications must be in the original container from the pharmacy with correct label.
- Hearing screens are done by the AEA for grades K, 1st, 2nd, & 5th grades, students with a known hearing loss, for IEP 3 year re-evals, and students new to district.
- Vision screenings will be done for students in kindergarten, 3rd, 5th, 7th and IEP 3 year re-evals.
- A note will be sent home with your student if they are referred for further testing.
- All students entering 7th grade must have the meningitis vaccine AND a Tdap booster.
- All students entering 12th grade are required to have 2 doses of the meningitis vaccine, or 1 dose if received at 16 years of age or older. (The rule requires 2 doses of meningococcal (A, C, W, Y) vaccines for applicants in grade 12, if born after September 15, 1999; or 1 dose if received when applicants are 16 years of age or older. There must be a minimum of 8 weeks between the 2 doses.)
Students cannot start school in August without these state-required vaccines or an exemption form. There will be no grace/extension period.
SCHOOL DENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Students entering kindergarten or 9th grade are required to submit a certificate of dental screening to the school health office.
Please contact me or stop by with any questions or concerns that you may have.
Kathy Schadel RN, BSN School Nurse
Keystone Academy DLC
1002 West Kimberly Road
Davenport, IA 52806
PHONE: (563) 336-7634, FAX: (563) 445-5956