Great Minds – People, Places and Performances
Great Minds is a curriculum-based enrichment program that enables students to experience an enhanced education by providing resources to take students to area learning centers as well as bring experts into the classroom. Great Minds provides a living example of what is being taught.
In addition to the Great Minds mini-grant program, we also offer district-wide curriculum-driven field trips for all students K-8. Know as our enhancement programming, students enjoy field trip experiences:
- Kindergarten – Niabi Zoo
- 1st Grade – Davenport Junior Theatre and Ballet Quad Cities Read Me a Story
- 2nd Grade – VanderVeer Park
- 3rd Grade – Ballet Quad Cities Nutcracker Performance at Adler Theatre
- 4th Grade – Quad City Symphony
- 5th Grade – Figge Museum, River Music Experience, and ATEEC
- 6th Grade – Putnam Musuem
- 7th Grade – Davenport Police Department Cyber Bullying Education
- 8th Grade – Junior Achievement Finance Park
All these programs and more are made possible by donations received from individuals and organizations as well as from the sale of Major Saver cards. Thank you for your support and for helping make a difference in the lives of children throughout the Davenport Community School District.