Great Minds – People, Places and Performances
Great Minds is a curriculum-based enrichment program that enables students to experience an enhanced education by providing resources to take students to area learning centers as well as bring experts into the classroom. Great Minds provides a living example of what is being taught.
In addition to the Great Minds mini-grant program, we also offer district-wide curriculum-driven field trips for all students K-8. Know as our enhancement programming, students enjoy field trip experiences:
- Kindergarten – Niabi Zoo (May 2018)
- 1st Grade – Davenport Junior Theatre (Feb-Mar, 2018)
- 1st Grade – Ballet Quad Cities “Dance Me a Story”. (April, 2018)
- 2nd Grade – Vander Veer Park (Sept-Oct, 2017)
- 3rd Grade – Adler Theatre with Ballet Quad Cities and Orchestra Iowa for “The Nutcracker”. (Dec 8, 2017)
- 4th Grade – Putnam Museum (Oct-Dec 2017)
- 4th Grade – Quad City Symphony Day (Feb. 2018)
- 5th Grade – BIZTOWN (Dec 2017 – Jan 2018)
- 5th Grade – Figge Museum, River Music Experience, and ATEEC (April – May 2018)
- 6th Grade – Public Works Watershed Touf (Mar-April 2018)
- 7th Grade – Davenport Police Department “Cyber Identity” (Aug-May)
- 8th Grade – Junior Achievement Finance Park (On-line at Schools)
All these programs and more are made possible by donations received from individuals and organizations as well as from the sale of Major Saver cards. Thank you for your support and for helping make a difference in the lives of children throughout the Davenport Community School District.