to the Virtual Backpack! The Davenport Community School District believes local community services are instrumental in serving the needs and interests of our families. We are now posting information on a Virtual Backpack webpage throughout the school year for all to see.
Teachers will send home assignments and materials as normal, so continue to check your child’s backpack frequently for school and classroom news and homework/grading.
TO SUBMIT COMMUNITY MATERIALS FOR REVIEW TO VIRTUAL BACKPACK, CLICK HERE.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT – example materials: sports, learning, recreation
- Scott County Little League: Softball Registration
- University of Iowa Center for Advancement: WRITE NOW 48-Hour Flash Writing Contest
- Boy Scouts of America: Cub Scout Recruitment
- QCA Adaptive Sports Association: Sports and Recreational Programs
- Davenport Metro Swim Team
- YMCA Dragon Swim Team
OUT OF SCHOOL TIME – example materials: no school days, camps, after-school programming
- Putnam Museum: Putnam Explorers Grades 1-4
- Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley: Member application
- Scott County Family Y: Hybrid School Out Program
- Jewels Academy: Virtual Math Tutoring
FREE or LOW COST FAMILY ACTIVITIES
- Putnam Museum: Museums For All
- University of Iowa Health Care: Virtual Kids Go Stem!
- Davenport Public Library: Free Tutoring Service
- Davenport Public Library: Free Tutoring Service – How It Works
- Scott County Family Y: Youth & Family Programs for ALL
- ISU Extension and Outreach: Buy Eat Live Healthy free nutrition classes
- Scott County: Childrens Activity Book
COMMUNITY RESOURCES FOR YOUTH & FAMILY\
- Scott County Kids: Mental Health Resource Guide
- Scott County Kids: Mental Health Resource Guide (Español)
- Scott County Kids: Pocket Resource Guide
- Scott County Kids: Pocket Resource Guide (Español)
- Center for Alcohol & Drug Services: Prescription Drug Awareness
- Center for Alcohol & Drug Services: Your Life Iowa
- Amy’s Gift: QC Eating Disorders Support Group
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: NAMI Basics Course
- Scott County Health Department: E-Cigarette Information
- Iowa Safe At Home program
- Scott County Health Department: Care for Kids
- Scott County Health Department: Hawki Health Care Coverage Information
- Scott County Health Department: Hawki Hoja Informativa de Cobertura Medica
- Hand-in-Hand: Respite Programs
- Lutheran Services in Iowa: Brief Intensive Services / Behavioral Health Intervention Services
- Lutheran Services in Iowa: Parent Pals brochure
- Pediatric Integrated Health
MATERIALS ARE POSTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
THIS DOES NOT IMPLY DAVENPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT’S ENDORSEMENT OF THEM
For information and support please contact Davenport Community Schools at 563.445.5000.