Welcome to the Virtual Backpack! The Davenport Community School District believes local community services are instrumental in serving the needs and interests of our families. We are now posting information on a Virtual Backpack webpage throughout the school year for all to see.
Teachers will send home assignments and materials as normal, so continue to check your child’s backpack frequently for school and classroom news and homework/grading.
TO SUBMIT COMMUNITY MATERIALS FOR REVIEW TO VIRTUAL BACKPACK, CLICK HERE.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT – example materials: sports, learning, recreation
- Davenport Optimist Club: Optimist Oratorical Contest
- FC America: FC America Youth Soccer Academy
- Davenport Police Department: Police Explorers Program
- Scott County Family Y: Machine Pitch, Flag Football, Volleyball and Track & Field Programs 2019-20
- Scott County Family Y: Basketball 2019-20
- Scott County Family Y: Soccer 2019-20
- Davenport Family Y: Calendar of Events
- Illowa Boy Scouts of America: Hooked On Scouting!
- QCA Adaptive Sports Association: Sports and Recreational Programs
- Davenport Metro Swim Team
- YMCA Dragon Swim Team
OUT OF SCHOOL TIME – example materials: no school days, camps, after-school programming
- Gilda’s Club QC: Camp Genesis
- Putnam Museum: Explorers (Grades 2-5)
- Putnam Museum: Explorers Jr (Grades PreK-1)
- Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley: Member application
FREE or LOW COST FAMILY ACTIVITIES
- ISU Extension and Outreach: Buy Eat Live Healthy free nutrition classes
- Putnam Museum: Events Calendar (January-February)
- Putnam Museum: Rube Goldberg Machine Contest
- Putnam Museum: Elements of Surprise
- Putnam Museum: Back From the Brink
- Scott County: Childrens Activity Book
COMMUNITY RESOURCES FOR YOUTH & FAMILY
- U.S. Census 2020: Employment Opportunity
- Quad Cities Community Foundation: Scholarship Information
- Scott County Kids: Mental Health Resource Guide
- Scott County Kids: Mental Health Resource Guide (Español)
- Scott County Kids: Pocket Resource Guide
- Scott County Kids: Pocket Resource Guide (Español)
- Center for Alcohol & Drug Services: Prescription Drug Awareness
- Amy’s Gift: QC Eating Disorders Support Group
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: NAMI Basics Course
- Scott County Health Department: E-Cigarette Information
- Iowa Safe At Home program
- Scott County Health Department: Care for Kids
- Scott County Health Department: Hawki Health Care Coverage Information
- Hand-in-Hand: Respite Programs
- LSI: Brief Intensive Services / Behavioral Health Intervention Services
- Pediatric Integrated Health
- Parent Pals brochure
MATERIALS ARE POSTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
THIS DOES NOT IMPLY DAVENPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT’S ENDORSEMENT OF THEM
For information and support please contact Davenport Community Schools at 563.445.5000.