Welcome to the Virtual Backpack! The Davenport Community School District believes local community services are instrumental in serving the needs and interests of our families. We are now posting information on a Virtual Backpack webpage throughout the school year for all to see.
Teachers will send home assignments and materials as normal, so continue to check your child’s backpack frequently for school and classroom news and homework/grading.
TO SUBMIT COMMUNITY MATERIALS FOR REVIEW TO VIRTUAL BACKPACK, CLICK HERE.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT – example materials: sports, learning, recreation
- Davenport Police Department: Police Explorers Program
- Scott County Family Y: Machine Pitch, Flag Football, Volleyball and Track & Field Programs 2019-20
- Scott County Family Y: Basketball 2019-20
- Scott County Family Y: Soccer 2019-20
- DPR Youth Sports: Summer Softball and Fall Sports
- Davenport Family Y: Calendar of Events
- Illowa Boy Scouts of America: Hooked On Scouting!
- QCA Adaptive Sports Association: Sports and Recreational Programs
- Davenport Metro Swim Team
- YMCA Dragon Swim Team
OUT OF SCHOOL TIME – example materials: no school days, camps, after-school programming
- Scott County Family Y: School Out Days at the Y
- Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council: Quad Cities S.T.E.M. FESTIVAL (Free)
- Putnam Museum: Explorers (Grades 2-5)
- Putnam Museum: Explorers Jr (Grades PreK-1)
- Boys & Girls Club of the Mississippi Valley: Member application
FREE or LOW COST FAMILY ACTIVITIES
- Coram Deo Bible Church: Born To Be Brave
- Putnam Museum: Rube Goldberg & The World of Hilarious Invention
- Putnam Museum: Events Calendar (October-November)
- Putnam Museum: Apollo 11 film
- Scott County: Childrens Activity Book
- ISU Extension and Outreach: Buy Eat Live Healthy free nutrition classes
COMMUNITY RESOURCES FOR YOUTH & FAMILY
- United Way of the QC: Fall 2019 Holiday Programs
- Center for Alcohol & Drug Services: Prescription Drug Awareness
- U.S. Census 2020: Employment Opportunity
- Amy’s Gift: QC Eating Disorders Support Group
- Epilepsy Foundation Quad Cities: Advanced Special Needs Child Care Classes
- Four Oaks Family Connections: Becoming a Foster & Adoptive Family
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: NAMI Basics Course
- Scott County Health Department: E-Cigarette Information
- Iowa Safe At Home program
- Scott County Health Department: Care for Kids
- Scott County Health Department: Hawki Health Care Coverage Information
- Hand-in-Hand: Respite Programs
- LSI: Brief Intensive Services / Behavioral Health Intervention Services
- Pediatric Integrated Health
- Davenport Reads Library Card Form
- Parent Pals brochure
- Mental Health Resource Guides
MATERIALS ARE POSTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
THIS DOES NOT IMPLY DAVENPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT’S ENDORSEMENT OF THEM
For information and support please contact Davenport Community Schools at 563.445.5000.