Welcome to the Virtual Backpack! The Davenport Community School District believes local community services are instrumental in serving the needs and interests of our families. We are now posting information on a Virtual Backpack webpage throughout the school year for all to see.
Teachers will send home assignments and materials as normal, so continue to check your child’s backpack frequently for school and classroom news and homework/grading.
TO SUBMIT COMMUNITY MATERIALS FOR REVIEW TO VIRTUAL BACKPACK, CLICK HERE.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT – example materials: sports, learning, recreation
- Get It Girl 2018 Teen Summit: What Matters to You?
- Davenport West HS: Future Falcons Wrestling
- Girl Scouts: Reach For the Sky
- Girl Scouts: Fall Fun Fest
- Illowa Boy Scouts of America: Adventure Awaits! Cub Scouts
- DPR Youth Sports: Winter/Spring Sports
- QCA Adaptive Sports Association: Sports and Recreational Programs
- Davenport Metro Swim Team
- YMCA Dragon Swim Team
OUT OF SCHOOL TIME – example materials: no school days, camps, after-school programming
- Putnam Museum: Events Calendar
- Putnam Museum: Putnam Explorers
- Putnam Museum: Putnam Explorers Jr. (K-1)
- Scott County Family Y: No School Days
FREE or LOW COST FAMILY ACTIVITIES
- Figge Art Museum: Day of the Dead Family Fiesta
- QC United: Pete’s Awesome Party
- Davenport Junior Theatre: Charlotte’s Web
- Blue Grass Park Board Pumpkin Dash
- Gilda’s Club QC: 2018 Noogiefest
- Scott County Children’s Activity Book
- ISU Extension and Outreach: Buy Eat Live Healthy free nutrition classes
COMMUNITY RESOURCES FOR YOUTH & FAMILY
- Children’s Villages Enrolling Now
- Iowa Safe At Home program
- Scott County Health Department: Care for Kids
- Scott County Health Department: hawk-i Health Care Coverage Information
- Hand-in-Hand: Respite Programs
- Family Resources: Integrated Health Home Program
- LSI: Brief Intensive Services / Behavioral Health Intervention Services
- Pediatric Integrated Health
- Davenport Reads Library Card Form
- Parent Pals brochure
- Mental Health Resource Guides
- Affordable Care Act Handout
MATERIALS ARE POSTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
THIS DOES NOT IMPLY DAVENPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT’S ENDORSEMENT OF THEM
For information and support please contact Davenport Community Schools at 563.445.5000.