Welcome to the Virtual Backpack! The Davenport Community School District believes local community services are instrumental in serving the needs and interests of our families. We are now posting information on a Virtual Backpack webpage throughout the school year for all to see.
Teachers will send home assignments and materials as normal, so continue to check your child’s backpack frequently for school and classroom news and homework/grading.
TO SUBMIT COMMUNITY MATERIALS FOR REVIEW TO VIRTUAL BACKPACK, CLICK HERE.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT – example materials: sports, learning, recreation
- Girl Scouts: Winter Wonderland
- QC Sting Boys Volleyball Club
- DPR Youth Sports: Winter 2017-18 Youth Basketball
- Scott County Family Y: Fall Youth Sports I
- Scott County Family Y: Fall Youth Sports II
- Junior Bowling Program
- Davenport Metro Swim Team
- YMCA Dragon Swim Team
OUT OF SCHOOL TIME – example materials: no school days, camps, after-school programming
- North High School: Children’s Theatre Workshops
- Scott County Family Y: No School Days
- Scott County Family Y: Afterschool Adventures
- Scott County Family Y: Summer Adventures Camp
- Scott County Family Y: West Y Sports Camp
FREE or LOW COST ACTIVITIES and RESOURCES FOR YOUTH & FAMILY
- National Wellness Foundation: Autism, ADHD Workshop
- Figge Art Museum: Free Family Day
- Davenport Public Library: November/December Newsletter
- Iowa Safe At Home program
- ISU Extension and Outreach: Parenting Successful Kids workshops
- Scott County Health Department: Care for Kids
- Scott County Health Department: hawk-i Health Care Coverage Information
- Scott County Health Department: Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Information
- Hand-in-Hand: Respite Programs
- Family Resources: Integrated Health Home Program
- LSI: Brief Intensive Services / Behavioral Health Intervention Services
- Pediatric Integrated Health
- Davenport Reads Library Card Form
- Parent Pals brochure
- Mental Health Resource Guides
- Affordable Care Act Handout
MATERIALS ARE POSTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
THIS DOES NOT IMPLY DAVENPORT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT’S ENDORSEMENT OF THEM
For information and support please contact Davenport Community Schools at 563.445.5000.