1702 N. Main St.
Davenport, IA

FAFSA – Free Application For Student Aid

Green box that says "Keep Calm and File FAFSA"

Bring the things you’ll need to complete your FAFSA

Go to: www.fafsa.ed.gov

(DO NOT USE fafsa.com, they charge $$$) 

Get it DONE by March 1!

(The earlier you file the more money you are likely to receive)

FAFSA DEADLINES DATES for 2018-2019  (this is for the 2019-2020 college year)

The U.S. Department of Education has launched the myStudentAid mobile app that lets students and parents fill out and submit the FAFSA from their phones.

To be considered for federal student aid for the 2018-2019 award year (2019-2020 college year), you can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between October 1, 2018 and midnight Central Time, June 30, 2019.

However, many states and colleges have earlier deadlines for applying for state and institutional financial aid. You can find your state’s deadline at https://fafsa.ed.gov/deadlines.htm. Visit the school’s website or contact its financial aid office. School deadlines are usually early in the year (often in February or March, although some are even earlier now that the FAFSA form is available in October).

Because of the variation in state and college deadlines, it is highly recommended that you fill out the FAFSA as soon as you can after October 1 to ensure that you do not miss out on available aid.

Every high school senior should complete the FAFSA as it may change your life for the better!


Information – Iowa College Access Network (ICAN)

  • ICAN website for Davenport, IA
  • Davenport Location:  St. Ambrose University North Davenport Education Center
    • 1950 E 54th Street, Davenport, IA  52807
    • 563-333-5700

Ways to complete your FAFSA:

1)   Ask someone at your school to help you.

2)   Ask a friend who is in college to help you.

3)   Ask your counselor for advice on who can help.

4)   Call 563-336-7459 if you need help finding someone to help you complete your FAFSA.

5)  Find and attend a FAFSA event scheduled in the community.


Quick Links

What to Bring

Parents and students should bring their latest tax information and/or last pay stub from the previous year in order to complete the form.

  • Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card)
  • Driver’s license (if any)
  • W-2 Forms for the previous year and other records of money earned
  • Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) most recent Federal Income Tax Return:
    • IRS Form 1040,
    • 1040A,
    • 1040EZ,
    • 1040Telefile,
    • foreign tax return, or
    • tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia.
  • Parent’s Federal Income Tax Return for the previous year (if you are a dependent student as defined by federal criteria)
  • Untaxed income records for the previous year:
    • Social Security,
    • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families,
    • welfare, or
    • Veteran’s benefits.
  • Current bank statements
  • Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
  • Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.

Additional Resources