2018/19 Kindergarten Registration Opens February 20th!
The Davenport Community Schools offers early registration for incoming Kindergartners for the 2018/19 school year. Families may register online or at their child’s school office beginning Tuesday, February 20th. A Kindergarten Roundup will be held at each school on Thursday, March 1st and times vary by school; please click here for more information. Note: Students must be 5 years of age on or before September 15th to enroll in Kindergarten. Completing online registration or submitting forms is the first step in the registration process with final enrollment based on availability.
- Online Registration
- 2018 – 19 Kindergarten Enrollment Forms – English
- 2018 – 19 Formas de Inscripción para Kinder – Español
- 2018 – 19 Đơn Đăng Ký Lớp Mẫu Giáo – Tiếng Việt
To register your Kindergartner for the remainder of the 2017/18 school year please use the forms below:
- Online Registration
- 2017 – 18 Kindergarten Enrollment Forms – English
- 2017 – 18 Formas de Inscripción para Kinder – Español
- 2017 – 18 Đơn Đăng Ký Lớp Mẫu Giáo – Tiếng Việt
For new Kindergartners, parents are required to complete registration forms online or in-person AND submit these additional documents:
- Proof of birth such as birth certificate, baptismal record, hospital certificate, visa or passport, immunization record, or adoption paperwork.
- Proof of Address such as utility bill, mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement. Proof of address is required to consider your child for enrollment.
- Proof of Immunization from doctor or Iowa Exemption Certificate
- Confirmation of Blood Lead Testing, Vision Screening, and Dental Screening or Exemption Form.
For information related to immunizations and exemption forms; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health topics, please visit Health Services.
Other Important Information
- School Supply Lists – School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- School Meals: Each school offers daily meal options that meet federal nutrition standards. Families can use the My School Bucks Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account. You may also deposit money into your student’s lunch account by bringing cash or check to the food service cashier at your child’s school. Families wishing to be considered for free and reduced meals will need to complete an online or paper application prior to receiving benefits. For further information regarding the free and reduced meal application process and for a link to the My School Bucks Online Payment System please click here to visit the Food and Nutrition Services section of our website.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
- Parent Portal: As a parent/guardian of a new, incoming Kindergartner you are encouraged to setup your Parent Portal account. With a Parent Portal you can view your student’s attendance records, lessons and current grades (secondary only), report cards, and class schedule. You may also pay fees and fines by using our online payment system, Touch Base, through Parent Portal. For more information on activating your Parent Portal account please click here.
Stepping Stones offers before and after school programs at many of our elementary schools in Davenport. The Stepping Stones programs offer a safe, fun, caring environment with enrichment activities geared to the elementary school students’ interests and abilities. Reading, math, arts enrichment, homework help and structured play activities that align with the Davenport Community Schools curriculum are offered. Additional information and an application may be found by visiting the Stepping Stones web site.
The Davenport Community Schools publishes Family & Community Learning Guides packed full of information for parents of students Kindergarten through Grade 5. Each grade-level guide helps parents understand what students should know by the end of that grade level. Included are ideas for fun activities parents can do at home with their children to strengthen specific skills and information about community resources. The Family & Community Learning Guides are available at your child’s school, on the main level of the Achievement Service Center at 1606 Brady Street or view the guides as PDFs by clicking here.