Kindergarten – 8th Grade Registration
Our Elementary schools serve Kindergarten through 5th grade students while our Intermediate schools serve 6th through 8th grade students. To enroll your new student into Davenport Community Schools please complete Online Registration. Families with currently enrolled students will complete Online Registration through their Parent Portal account. Initial registration of new students requires additional information from families including, proof of birth, proof of immunizations and health screenings, proof of address, and general family information. A traditional in-person registration will be held in August at your child’s school.
For additional resources and enrollment information please click your area of interest below:
To enroll in Kindergarten for the upcoming school year a child must be 5 years of age on or before September 15th of the year you want to enroll. An Attorney General Opinion states this is the law and cannot be waived. Schools will host a traditional Kindergarten Roundup to introduce families and students to their new school in March prior to the year of enrollment. Completing Online Registration is the first step in the registration process. Please note that for new Kindergartners, Parent/Guardians are required to complete online registration and submit these additional documents:
- Proof of date of birth such as birth certificate, baptismal record, hospital certificate, visa or passport, immunization record, or adoption paperwork.
- Proof of address in the form of a recent utility bill (example: water or energy bill), or current mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement. Proof of address is required to consider your child for enrollment.
- Proof of Immunizations from doctor or Iowa Exemption Certificate. Please visit our Health Services page for more information or download forms.
- Health Screenings: Confirmation of Blood Lead Testing, Vision Screening, Dental Screening or Exemption Forms. Please visit our Health Services page to view more information or download forms.
- Stepping Stones offers before and after school programs at most Davenport elementary schools. The Stepping Stones programs offer a safe, fun, caring environment with enrichment activities geared to the elementary school students’ interests and abilities. Reading, math, arts enrichment, homework help and structured play activities that align with the Davenport Schools curriculum are offered. Additional information and an application may be found by visiting the Stepping Stones web site.
- The Davenport Community Schools publishes Family & Community Learning Guides packed full of information for parents of students Kindergarten through Grade 5. Each grade-level guide helps parents understand what students should know by the end of that grade level. Included are ideas for fun activities parents can do at home with their children to strengthen specific skills and information about community resources. You may view the guides as PDFs by clicking here.
- Some schools host a transition to middle school program for many incoming 6th grade students. Activities include learning the school, team building activities, and getting to know their schedules and teachers. Intermediate “Jumpstart” will vary by building. Please contact your school office for more information.
- All students who are interested in participating on a school athletic team must bring a completed physical examination form to be completed by your physician and includes the signed parental permission for the student to participate on school athletic teams.
Other Important Resources
- Student Health Needs: For information related to immunizations and exemption forms; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health topics, please visit Health Services.
- School Meals: Each school offers daily meal options that meet federal nutrition standards. Families can use the My School Bucks Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account. You may also deposit money into your student’s lunch account by bringing cash or check to the food service cashier at your child’s school. Families wishing to be considered for free and reduced meals will need to complete an online application prior to receiving benefits. For further information please visit Food and Nutrition Services.
- Bussing and Transportation
- School Supply Lists
- Parent Portal: Parent Portal is a secure website that you can use to track your child’s progress in school. It is your access point to use the online registration system (returning families), view your student’s attendance records, lessons and current grades (secondary only), report cards, and class schedule. You may also pay fees by using our online payment system, Touch Base, through Parent Portal.
- Student Insurance: Click here for more information about student accident insurance options. You will be directed to the Student Assurance Services website
- Online Registration Service
- Fees and Fee Waiver Application