High School Registration
High School Registration
Davenport’s high schools are its flagships, with families open enrolling from around the region to take advantage of high quality academic and extracurricular opportunities. Check out our most recent publication on everything our high schools have to offer! Or, visit individual school profiles (the PDFs in right column) to learn about the student experience at each of these schools.
New families may register now for the 2018-2019 school year using our Online Registration system, and set up their course schedule by visiting the school office of their selected high school. If this is not your home school according to school boundaries, please complete a transfer request to submit to your school. Please note Mid City High School requires application and acceptance to the school prior to registration.
Many previous private and home school 8th graders are currently attending DCS for high school. Part-time enrollment is also an option if your private or home schooled child is interested in specialized coursework such as our award-winning ProStart culinary arts program or our renowned Project Lead The Way S.T.E.M. program. Take a look at our High School Course Guide to see all our offerings. If you’re interested in a course that is not offered by your private school, we can work with you for part-time enrollment. To learn more, contact the Guidance Office at your school of interest.
Families with currently enrolled students must register their returning students by using the online registration link through Parent Portal. A traditional in-person registration will take place August 7th – 9th. Click here to view an August 2018 Registration & High School Open House schedule.
- Online Registration
- Student Health Needs: For information related to immunizations; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health matters, please visit our Health Services page.
- Parent Portal: Please take a moment to review the Parent Portal Acceptable Use Policy if you haven’t already done so. Parent Portal is a secure web site that offers direct communication with your child’s teacher(s) and information that will help you track your child’s progress in school. You can receive a Parent Portal activation key from your child’s school office or by contacting the Davenport Community Schools Welcome Center at (563) 336-5018.
Other Important Information
- School Supply Lists – School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- School Meals: Each school offers daily meal options that meet federal nutrition standards. Families can use the My School Bucks Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account. You may also deposit money into your student’s lunch account by bringing cash or check to the food service cashier at your child’s school. Families wishing to be considered for free and reduced meals will need to complete an online application prior to receiving benefits. For further information regarding the free and reduced meal application process and for a link to the My School Bucks Online Payment System please click here to visit the Food and Nutrition Services section of our website.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
Other High School Resources
- All students who are interested in participating on a school athletic team must bring a completed physical examination form to be completed by your physician and includes the signed parental permission for the student to participate on school athletic teams.
- High school students and their parents will be particularly interested in the High School Course Guide. Other information that can be linked to from navigation on the left-hand side of the page includes AP & Honors Classes, Talented & Gifted Program, Learning Supports, and more.