High School Registration
Forms to Complete and Bring to Intermediate School Registration
- 2012-2013 Registration Form.
- Emergency Health Information Form: An Emergency Health Information Form needs to be updated each year for each child. If your child has specific health concerns, we recommend that you schedule an appointment to visit with the school nurse at your child’s school. This can be done by calling the school office. For information related to immunizations; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health matters, please visit our Health Services page.
- 2012-2013 Photo Release Form. We ask for your permission to use your student’s image to promote the Davenport Community Schools. This may include uses from your student’s photo appearing on our district website due to a special achievement to your child being part of a group photo at an event that is being covered by local media.
- Parent Portal Acceptable Use Form. Please take a moment to fill out the Parent Portal use form if you haven’t already done so. Just bring the completed form to registration so you can receive your access code. Parent Portal is a secure web site that offers direct communication with your child’s teacher(s) and information that will help you track your child’s progress in school.
- Transportation Request Card. If your students are eligible for bus transportation, it’s important to fill out the Transportation Request Card form and return it to Durham Bus Company, 3640 Davenport Avenue by July 20, 2012. The same form is used for grades K-12.
Other Important Information
- 2012-2013 registration schedule
- School Supply Lists - School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- 2012-2013 Academic Calendar- Please note that Jefferson-Edison Elementary and the Children’s Village Pre-schools have slightly different calendars.
- Free and Reduced lunch applications will be mailed to each household prior to registration. One application may be submitted per household and the application must be completed each year. Completed forms may be submitted prior to registration to the District’s Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Department, 1008 West Kimberly Rd., Davenport, IA by mail or dropped off at the FNS office between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. If you have not received a form in the mail by July 25, please call 386-4780.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
- School Messenger offers parents the opportunity to receive important information via SMS text messages . This will not replace our current communications, however it is being offered as an enhancement. The District will only use this service to provide information that is timely and relevant. In order to participate simply text any one of the following words to the number 68453: subscribe, optin, yes. You’ll know you were successful if you receive the following reply message: you are registered to receive approximately 3 msgs/mo. Txt STOP to quit, HELP for help. You may repeat this process for any wireless number you wish to include. Please ensure that you have provided these cell numbers to the building secretary at your child’s school.
In addition to the requirements for all grade levels, we’d like to offer some additional information for your student at the intermediate level which is different.
High School Students (Prior to registration and the start of school)
- All students who are interested in participating on a school athletic team must bring a completed physical examination form to be completed by your physician and includes the signed parental permission for the student to participate on school athletic teams.
- High school students and their parents will be particularly interested in the High School Course Guide. Other information that can be linked to from navigation on the left-hand side of the page includes AP & Honors Classes, Talented & Gifted Program, Learning Supports, and more.
- Special Note for Parents of All Incoming Ninth Grade Students: Jumpstart Academy activities are offered at each high school. Jumpstart Academy provides information that will help ease the transition from intermediate school to high school. Students will learn about study skills/organization, clubs/activities available and much more, while meeting other incoming ninth grade students before the first day of classes. Some ninth grade activities are listed within our 2012-2013 registration schedule, or you may also call the school office for more information.
- Additional resources include: