High School Registration
2013-2014 high school registration schedule
West High registration:
July 31 from 8am-5pm for grades 10-12
August 1 from 8am-5pm for incoming freshmen
Central and North High registration:
July 31 from 11am-5pm for all students
August 1 from 11am-1pm for incoming freshmen and from 1pm-5pm for all students
Kimberly Center registration:
July 31-August 2 from 8am-4pm current students pick up their schedules
August 5 from 11am-6pm for new students
August 6 from 8:30am–3:30pm for new students
Forms to Complete and Bring to Intermediate School Registration
- 2013-2014 Registration Form – This form is for new 9th-12th grade students only.
- 2013-2014 Re-enrollment Form – This form is for all returning students. You will be asked to verify additional information at registration.
- Student Health Needs: For information related to immunizations; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health matters, please visit our Health Services page.
- Parent Portal Acceptable Use Form Please take a moment to fill out the Parent Portal use form if you haven’t already done so. Just bring the completed form to registration so you can receive your access code. Parent Portal is a secure web site that offers direct communication with your child’s teacher(s) and information that will help you track your child’s progress in school.
Other Important Information
- School Supply Lists - School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- 2013-2014 Academic Calendar - Please note that Jefferson-Edison Elementary and the Children’s Village Pre-schools have slightly different calendars.
- School Meals – Information on school meals will be mailed to each household prior to registration. Applications for free and reduced meals may now be completed online at https://farapp.davenportschools.org/ . Families will receive a letter confirming meal benefit status after the application is processed. Cash payment for meals is expected until the confirmation letter is issued (See TouchBase Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account). If a paper meal benefit application is preferred, contact the District’s Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Department, 1008 West Kimberly Rd., 563-386-4780, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
- School Messenger offers parents the opportunity to receive important information via SMS text messages . This will not replace our current communications, however it is being offered as an enhancement. The District will only use this service to provide information that is timely and relevant. In order to participate simply text any one of the following words to the number 68453: subscribe, optin, yes. You’ll know you were successful if you receive the following reply message: you are registered to receive approximately 3 msgs/mo. Txt STOP to quit, HELP for help. You may repeat this process for any wireless number you wish to include. Please ensure that you have provided these cell numbers to the building secretary at your child’s school.
In addition to the requirements for all grade levels, we’d like to offer some additional information for your student at the intermediate level which is different.
High School Students (Prior to registration and the start of school)
- All students who are interested in participating on a school athletic team must bring a completed physical examination form to be completed by your physician and includes the signed parental permission for the student to participate on school athletic teams.
- High school students and their parents will be particularly interested in the High School Course Guide. Other information that can be linked to from navigation on the left-hand side of the page includes AP & Honors Classes, Talented & Gifted Program, Learning Supports, and more.
- Special Note for Parents of All Incoming Ninth Grade Students: The district hosts transition to high school for targeted incoming freshmen. Activities include learning the school, team building activities, and getting to know their schedules and teachers. Most high schools are by invitation only. For Central, North, and West, please contact your home school for more information. Kimberly Center will offer Freshman Orientation at 4pm on August 1st.