High School Registration
High School Registration
Davenport’s high schools are its flagships, with families open enrolling from around the region to take advantage of high quality academic and extracurricular opportunities. Check out our most recent publication on everything our high schools have to offer! Or, visit individual school profiles to learn about the student experience at each of these schools:
New families may register now for the 2016-2017 school year and set up their course schedule by visiting the school office of their selected high school. If this is not your home school according to school boundaries, please complete a transfer request to submit to your school. Please note Mid City High School requires application and acceptance to the school prior to registration.
Many previous private and home school 8th graders are currently attending DCS for high school. Part-time enrollment is also an option if your private or home schooled child is interested in specialized coursework such as our award-winning ProStart culinary arts program or our renowned Project Lead The Way S.T.E.M. program. Take a look at our High School Course Guide to see all our offerings. If you’re interested in a course that is not offered by your private school, we can work with you for part-time enrollment. To learn more, contact the Head Counselor at your school of interest:
- Central High School: Carole Sissel at 323-9900 (ext. 725)
- Mid City High School: Jessica Hankins at 336-7000
- North High School: Conrad Keibler at 388-9880
- West High School: Erin Soedt at 386-5500
Families registering for the 2016-17 year are encouraged to use the online registration link, drop by the school office or to attend school registration in August. Click here for dates and times for each school.
- Online Registration
- 2016/17 Returning Student Registration Please print double-sided for best results.
- 2016/17 New Student Enrollment Please print double-sided for best results.
- Student Health Needs: For information related to immunizations; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health matters, please visit our Health Services page. Please note requirements for 9th grade students for dental screening.
- Parent Portal Acceptable Use Policy Please take a moment to review the Parent Portal Acceptable Use Policy if you haven’t already done so. Parent Portal is a secure web site that offers direct communication with your child’s teacher(s) and information that will help you track your child’s progress in school. You can receive a Parent Portal activation key from your child’s school office or by contacting the Davenport Community Schools Welcome Center at (563) 336-5018.
Other Important Information
- School Supply Lists – School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- School Meals: Each school offers daily meal options that meet federal nutrition standards. Families can use the My School Bucks Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account. You may also deposit money into your student’s lunch account by bringing cash or check to the food service cashier at your child’s school. Families wishing to be considered for free and reduced meals will need to complete an online or paper application prior to receiving benefits. For further information regarding the free and reduced meal application process and for a link to the My School Bucks Online Payment System please click here to visit the Food and Nutrition Services section of our website.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
Other High School Resources
- All students who are interested in participating on a school athletic team must bring a completed physical examination form to be completed by your physician and includes the signed parental permission for the student to participate on school athletic teams.
- High school students and their parents will be particularly interested in the High School Course Guide. Other information that can be linked to from navigation on the left-hand side of the page includes AP & Honors Classes, Talented & Gifted Program, Learning Supports, and more.