High School Registration
*UPCOMING EVENTS* – Class of 2020 Freshman Orientation
Area 8th grade students and parents/guardians are invited to attend the upcoming Class of 2020 Freshman Orientation sessions at Davenport Community Schools. Event dates and times for our four high schools are:
- North High School: 6:30pm on Tuesday, November 17th, 2015
- Central High School: 6:30pm on Wednesday, November 18th, 2015
- West High School: 6:30pm on Thursday, November 19th, 2015
- Mid City High School: 6:00pm on Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
These fun events are a great resource for families wanting to learn more about our high schools. Many student clubs and athletics teams will set up staffed information tables, and school bands and show choirs are also slated to entertain during these nights.
Private school and home school families are also invited to attend, as many previous private and home school 8th graders are currently attending DCS for high school. Part-time enrollment is also an option, if your child is interested in specialized coursework such as our award-winning ProStart culinary arts program or our renowned Project Lead The Way S.T.E.M. program. Take a look at our High School Course Guide to see all our offerings. If you’re interested in a course that is not offered by your private school, we can work with you for part-time enrollment. To learn more, contact the Head Counselor at your school of interest:
- Central High School: Carole Sissel at 323-9900 (ext. 725)
- Mid City High School: Jessica Hankins at 336-7000
- North High School: Conrad Keibler at 388-9880
- West High School: Erin Soedt at 386-5500
We hope to see you at Freshman Orientation! 8th graders – take a few minutes to watch the Class of 2015 reflect on their experiences, and imagine what you’ll accomplish throughout the next four years!
High School Registration
Davenport’s high schools are its flagships, with families open enrolling from around the region to take advantage of high quality academic and extracurricular opportunities. Check out our most recent publication on everything our high schools have to offer! Or, visit individual school profiles to learn about the student experience at each of these schools:
Families may register now for the 2015-2016 school year and set up their course schedule by visiting the school office of their selected high school. If this is not your home school according to school boundaries, please complete a transfer request to submit to your school. Please note Mid City High School requires application and acceptance to the school prior to registration.
Forms to Complete and Bring to High School Registration
- 2015 Returning Student Registration Please print single-sided for best results.
- 2015 New Student Enrollment Please print double-sided for best results.
- Student Health Needs: For information related to immunizations; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health matters, please visit our Health Services page. Please note requirements for 9th grade students for dental screening.
- Parent Portal Acceptable Use Form Please take a moment to fill out the Parent Portal use form if you haven’t already done so. Just bring the completed form to registration so you can receive your access code. Parent Portal is a secure web site that offers direct communication with your child’s teacher(s) and information that will help you track your child’s progress in school.
Other Important Information
- School Supply Lists – School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- School Meals: Applications for free and reduced meals may now be completed online at https://farapp.davenportschools.org/ . Families will receive a letter confirming meal benefit status after the application is processed. Cash payment for meals is expected until the confirmation letter is issued (See TouchBase Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account). If a paper meal benefit application is preferred, contact the District’s Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Department, 1008 West Kimberly Rd., 563-386-4780, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
Other High School Resources
- All students who are interested in participating on a school athletic team must bring a completed physical examination form to be completed by your physician and includes the signed parental permission for the student to participate on school athletic teams.
- High school students and their parents will be particularly interested in the High School Course Guide. Other information that can be linked to from navigation on the left-hand side of the page includes AP & Honors Classes, Talented & Gifted Program, Learning Supports, and more.