Elementary School Registration
Elementary schools register on July 31 from Noon-6pm.
Forms to Complete and Bring to Elementary School Registration
- 2013-2014 Kindergarten Registration Form – This form is for incoming Kindergartners.
- 2013-2014 Registration Form - This form is for new 1st-5th grade students only.
- 2013-2014 Re-enrollment Form - This form is for all returning students. You will be asked to verify additional information at registration.
- Student Health Needs: For information related to immunizations; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health matters, please visit our Health Services page.
- Parent Portal Acceptable Use Form Please take a moment to fill out the Parent Portal use form if you haven’t already done so. Just bring the completed form to registration so you can receive your access code. Parent Portal is a secure web site that offers direct communication with your child’s teacher(s) and information that will help you track your child’s progress in school.
Other Important Information
- Elementary schools register on July 31 from Noon-6pm.
- School Supply Lists - School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- 2013-2014 Academic Calendar - Please note that Jefferson-Edison Elementary and the Children’s Village Pre-schools have slightly different calendars.
- School Meals – Information on school meals will be mailed to each household prior to registration. Applications for free and reduced meals may now be completed online at https://farapp.davenportschools.org/ . Families will receive a letter confirming meal benefit status after the application is processed. Cash payment for meals is expected until the confirmation letter is issued (See TouchBase Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account). If a paper meal benefit application is preferred, contact the District’s Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Department, 1008 West Kimberly Rd., 563-386-4780, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
- School Messenger offers parents the opportunity to receive important information via SMS text messages . This will not replace our current communications, however it is being offered as an enhancement. The District will only use this service to provide information that is timely and relevant. In order to participate simply text any one of the following words to the number 68453: subscribe, optin, yes. You’ll know you were successful if you receive the following reply message: you are registered to receive approximately 3 msgs/mo. Txt STOP to quit, HELP for help. You may repeat this process for any wireless number you wish to include. Please ensure that you have provided these cell numbers to the building secretary at your child’s school.
In addition to the requirements for all grade levels, we’d like to offer some additional information for your student at the elementary level which is different.
Elementary School Students (Prior to registration): Stepping Stones offers before and after school programs at some of our sites. The Stepping Stones programs offer a safe, fun, caring environment with enrichment activities geared to the elementary school students’ interests and abilities. Reading, math, arts enrichment, homework help and structured play activities that align with the Davenport Schools curriculum are offered. Additional information and an application may be found by visiting our before-school, after-school, and summer program page.
The Davenport Community Schools publishes Family & Community Learning Guides packed full of information for parents of students Kindergarten through Grade 5. Each grade-level guide helps parents understand what students should know by the end of that grade level. Included are ideas for fun activities parents can do at home with their children to strengthen specific skills and information about community resources. The Family & Community Learning Guides are available at your child’s school, on the main level of the Achievement Service Center at 1606 Brady Street or you may view the guides as PDFs by clicking here.