Enrollment and Registration
Welcome to the Davenport Community School District!
Enrolling in one of our schools is a simple process. In order to determine which neighborhood school serves your home address, please call the nearest school, the Davenport Community Schools Welcome Center at 563-336-5018, or open NCompass and use the “search” function in the upper left corner for an address check. You’ll be provided with the name of the appropriate elementary, intermediate, and high school, as well as the phone number and web site for each.
Registration in our Schools
Returning Students – Returning students have a simplified process to register each year. For students registering in person at School Registration, a one-page form will be added to your Student Verification Form when you register, so you can simply update any information that has changed. New Emergency Contact Information and Health Services details will be required each year to assure the well-being of students. Note: if you have a new student attending but are a current Davenport Community Schools family, please use the new Student procedures below. If you have a returning student that is attending a new school, please use the Returning Student form. Please print the following form single-sided for best results, complete and take with you to school registration.
- 2014 Returning Student Registration Please print single-sided for best results.
New Students – Thank you for choosing Davenport Community Schools and welcome! For in-person registration of new students, the initial enrollment requires additional information from families, including proof of immunizations and address and an extended enrollment packet. Some grade levels may also require additional support documents, so please review “In-Person Registration by Grade Level” section below for specific materials to bring with you to registration. New kindergarten students should follow the link below called “Kindergarten Registration” and use the Kindergarten form for registration.
- 2014 New Student Enrollment Please print double-sided for best results.
Online Services & Resources
- Online Registration Service
- Information on TouchBase, our online payment system
- Fees and Fee Waiver Application
- Parent/Guardian Consent for Photo Release
- Release of Directory Information
- Technology Acceptable Use
In Person Registration by Grade Level
Please note only incoming Kindergartners may register through their school for the 2014-15 school year at this time. All other families are encouraged to use online registration for next year or to attend school registration this summer from July 31- August 11. Please check your grade level below for specific dates and times for your school.
- Kindergarten Registration
- Elementary School Registration
- Intermediate School Registration
- High School Registration
Registration for your incoming kindergartners
Based on parent input, the Davenport Community Schools offer early registration for incoming Kindergartners in order to decrease wait time for families at Kindergarten Roundup. Families of incoming Kindergartners can register online or submit the following forms to their school office:
These forms are just a first step in the registration process with final enrollment based on availability. For new Kindergartners, parents are required to bring in the three completed forms listed above AND five additional items:
- Home Language Survey for all new students
- Proof of birth such as birth certificate, baptismal record, hospital certificate, visa or passport, immunization record, or adoption paperwork.
- Proof of Address such as utility bill, lease or rent agreement, etc.
- Proof of Immunization from doctor or Iowa Exemption Certificate
- Dental Screening or Exemption Form.
For information related to other required immunizations; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health matters, please visit our Health Services page.
Other Important Information
- School Supply Lists - School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- School Meals: Applications for free and reduced meals may now be completed online at https://farapp.davenportschools.org/ . Families will receive a letter confirming meal benefit status after the application is processed. Cash payment for meals is expected until the confirmation letter is issued (See TouchBase Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account). If a paper meal benefit application is preferred, contact the District’s Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Department, 1008 West Kimberly Rd., 563-386-4780, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
Other Kindergarten Resources
Stepping Stones offers before and after school programs at most Davenport elementary schools. The Stepping Stones programs offer a safe, fun, caring environment with enrichment activities geared to the elementary school students’ interests and abilities. Reading, math, arts enrichment, homework help and structured play activities that align with the Davenport Community Schools curriculum are offered. Additional information and an application may be found by visiting the Stepping Stones web site.
The Davenport Community Schools publishes Family & Community Learning Guides packed full of information for parents of students Kindergarten through Grade 5. Each grade-level guide helps parents understand what students should know by the end of that grade level. Included are ideas for fun activities parents can do at home with their children to strengthen specific skills and information about community resources. The Family & Community Learning Guides are available at your child’s school, on the main level of the Achievement Service Center at 1606 Brady Street or you may view the guides as PDFs by clicking here.
Davenport Community Schools has a new online payment system, TouchBase.
If you have not yet used the TouchBase system, please visit the TouchBase FAQ page. If you already have a Parent Portal and TouchBase account, please visit the following page to login: TouchBase Online Payment System