Enrollment and Registration
Welcome to the Davenport Community School District!
Enrolling in one of our schools is a simple process. In order to determine which neighborhood school serves your home address, please call the nearest school, the Davenport Community Schools Welcome Center at 563-336-5018, or open NCompass and use the “search” function in the upper left corner for an address check. You’ll be provided with the name of the appropriate elementary, intermediate, and high school, as well as the phone number and web site for each. Use the links below for more information on next steps.
Online Services & Resources
- Information on our online registration service
- Information on TouchBase, our online payment system
- Parent/Guardian Consent for Photo Release
- Release of Directory Information
- Technology Acceptable Use
Registration by Grade Level
- Kindergarten Registration for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Elementary School Registration for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Intermediate School Registration for the 2013-2014 academic year
- High School Registration for the 2013-2014 academic year
- Registration Dates for All School Levels
Registration for your incoming kindergartners beginning March 3rd, 2014
Based on parent input, the Davenport Community Schools offers early registration for incoming Kindergartners in order to decrease paperwork and wait time for families at Kindergarten Roundup. Starting March 3rd, families of incoming Kindergartners can register online OR submit the following forms to their school office:
These forms are just a first step in the registration process with final enrollment based on availability and pending any boundary changes.
For new Kindergartners, parents are required to bring in their completed forms OR their online registration Summary PDF AND four additional items:
- Proof of birth such as birth certificate, baptismal record, hospital certificate, visa or passport, immunization record, or adoption paperwork.
- Proof of Address such as utility bill, lease or rent agreement, etc.
- Proof of Immunization from doctor or Iowa Exemption Certificate
- Dental Screening or Exemption Form.
The traditional Kindergarten Roundup will be held on Thursday, April 17th with a focus on time with teachers and learning the routines of the school. Round Up 2014 Schedule
Other Important Information
- School Supply Lists - School supply lists have been posted to the District website
- School Meals: Applications for free and reduced meals may now be completed online at https://farapp.davenportschools.org/ . Families will receive a letter confirming meal benefit status after the application is processed. Cash payment for meals is expected until the confirmation letter is issued (See TouchBase Online Payment System for online deposits to your child’s meal account). If a paper meal benefit application is preferred, contact the District’s Food & Nutrition Services (FNS) Department, 1008 West Kimberly Rd., 563-386-4780, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Information on Bussing and Transportation
Other Kindergarten Resources
Stepping Stones offers before and after school programs at most Davenport elementary schools. The Stepping Stones programs offer a safe, fun, caring environment with enrichment activities geared to the elementary school students’ interests and abilities. Reading, math, arts enrichment, homework help and structured play activities that align with the Davenport Schools curriculum are offered. Additional information and an application may be found by visiting the Stepping Stones web site.
The Davenport Community Schools publishes Family & Community Learning Guides packed full of information for parents of students Kindergarten through Grade 5. Each grade-level guide helps parents understand what students should know by the end of that grade level. Included are ideas for fun activities parents can do at home with their children to strengthen specific skills and information about community resources. The Family & Community Learning Guides are available at your child’s school, on the main level of the Achievement Service Center at 1606 Brady Street or you may view the guides as PDFs by clicking here.
Davenport Community Schools has a new online payment system, TouchBase.
If you have not yet used the TouchBase system, please visit the TouchBase FAQ page. If you already have a Parent Portal and TouchBase account, please visit the following page to login: TouchBase Online Payment System
For information related to immunizations; vision, hearing, and dental screenings; and other student health matters, please visit our Health Services page.