Davenport Reads is a joint project of the City of Davenport, Davenport Community Schools and Eastern Iowa Community Colleges to ensure that people of Davenport of all ages will build their knowledge and expand opportunities through reading. To learn more, visit www.DavenportReads.org
Resources for Supporting Davenport Reads
The following tools are available to those who wish to spread the word about Davenport Reads:
- The Davenport Reads logo file: high resolution (4.5 x 2 inches at 300 ppi).
- The Davenport Reads logo file: low/screen resolution (6 x 3 inches at 72 ppi).
- A full color poster for printed use. File size is 11×17 inches at 150 ppi.
- A digital display “sign” for television or computer monitors. File size is 18×12 inches at 150 ppi.
Additional Resources for Reading
- Starfall – A free public service to teach children to read with phonics. Their systematic phonics approach is perfect for preschool-3, special education, homeschool, and English language development (ELD,ELL, ESL). http://www.starfall.com/
- Cookie.com – Games, videos, and worksheets for early reading, writing, phonics and math skills. Cookie learning games for kids help in building skills needed for success in school. While playing fun educational games, kids learn to read with phonics, build skills in math, language, social studies, science and much more. http://www.cookie.com/
- Spelling City – More than 42,000 spelling words with customizable sentences and definitions, free printables for elementary, intermediate and high school. They have handwriting worksheets, and online games like Alphabetical Order, Unscramble, Parts of Speech, HangMouse, Crossword Puzzle, WordSearch, and Vocabulary Test. http://www.spellingcity.com
- IPTV – Iowa Public Television is a partner in the education of children. From programs like Sesame Street and The Electric Company to programs such as Nature or Nova, IPTV has provided free access to educational programming and resources for Iowa’s youth. http://site.iptv.org/education
There are also some district reading tools found right here on our own web site.